Domain

ZeroLiberty
Tourist
8 0 4

Hello. Now that we're ready for shopify, we've started transferring the domain used by wordpress. However, although it is connected and not connected, it is replaced many times. Is something wrong? After some time, connect again. Link appears.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
71 10 5

Hello @ZeroLiberty!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having an issue with your domain so I wanted to help you out.

I wanted to clarify, are you fully transferring your domain to Shopify from Wix, or are you just connecting it? In case you're unsure I will explain the difference here:

• When you Transfer a domain, that means you are completely bringing it over to a new host, in your case, the new host would be Shopify. This would mean that all of the details and DNS settings of that domain would also be accessible on Shopify. From the time that you initiate a domain transfer, it can take up to 20 days to fully set up, so that could be why you are currently experiencing issues. For more info on domain transfers and how they work, see our help doc on the topic here.
  • Connecting a domain is different because you are not actually bringing it over to a new host, you are just connecting it from where it is. This involves changing a couple of records, - your A record needs to point to 23.227.38.65, and your CNAME record needs to point to shops.myshopify.com. Those change can be made within the domain's DNS settings and they can take about 24-48 hours to fully propagate. To learn more about this, please see our help doc on Connecting Third-party Domains.

Let me know what your situation is and what you're looking to do, and could you also clarify for me what you meant by 'link appears'? Any screenshots or further context that you can include would be super helpful here!

Thanks. -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes