Domains no longer connected

Solved
KateLaSirena
2 1 1

Months ago I connected my domains (3rd party). I redirected 3 domains and put one as my primary.

Today all 3 are saying 'not connected' and by the looks of it this may have been for a couple of days.

I get a message to say the A record and c name are empty but I have been to my domain site and checked and I have all the info filled in correctly. They have been working fine since Sept and now not. I have my 'whois' info updated and the domains haven't expired.

Is there a bug? or just me that is having a problem? 

my primary website is www.LaSirenaGiftShop.com 

Thanks (I might be late to reply to anyone as I am just off out for the day)

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 60 58

Hi @KateLaSirena 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums for help with your domains. That is definitely an odd situation to be dealing with. In the interim while troubleshooting this I would recommend setting your myshopify.com URL as your primary domain so that customers won't see the 404 page. 

When I used our internal tools as well as external third party tools, they all say that the DNS for your domain is not propagating at all. This definitely narrows the issue down to your domain host that you are using and not the settings within your Shopify account. I recommend this external tool for checking your DNS information: Dnschecker.org.

Your next step would be to contact your domain host for troubleshooting and let them know that your DNS information is not propagating across any systems using your domain information. 

If I can assist at all through our community forums please don't hesitate to let me know.

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KateLaSirena
2 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I've been back to my host and cancelled the A Record and C Name and reintroduced the information and it is working now. I will close this now. Thanks for your help