Double loading

Highlighted
4 0 0

Why is my store double loading the images of the home page?  It looks as if the page is refreshing after initially loading, and causing the images, with the text, to disappear and load again!  It's annoying and troubling for prospective visitors.  Any solution to it?  or potential ideas to get it working right? Thanks

Here's my store link: https://plb-store.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
735 41 114

Hi, @plb-design !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you!

Great question. I think what you are describing is the Lazy Load technique:

24-15-gib9k-zi87d

If so, I'd be happy to shed some more light on this for you. This is incorporated into all Shopify-built themes. This is a technique that delays the initialization of images (one of the bigger culprits that affect page load speed) in order to improve overall speed and performance. 

By design, it takes into consideration users who may not always have access to a high powered internet connection. In doing so it allows for greater accessibility and performance when reaching international audiences. We have some more detailed info on this from within our blog article here which I hope helps to further clarify. 

There is no way to remove this, but I would like to thank you for offering your thoughts and feedback. If it is, however, something different that you are referring to or have noticed from your side, do please let me know and I'd be happy to take a closer look. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes