Downloadeable Products

beley
Tourist
42 0 1
Is there / will there be support for non-tangible products in Shopify? It would be nice to be able to mark a product as intangible to skip all the shipping headaches. I'd love to use Shopify to sell ebooks and downloads, but can't seem to figure out how right now. Brandon
0 Likes
tobi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 49

Yes we will work on this after launch. The focus was physical goods because thats where our own expertise lays.

We will add digital goods to shopify while working together with our userbase to make sure we get this feature nailed as elegantly as physical things.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
Kat
1 0 0

Any time-frame as to when this feature would be implimented?

0 Likes
Adski
3 0 0

I’m also watching this thread with interest.

0 Likes
pyn
3 0 0

im also interested…

0 Likes
ol1barn3s
2 0 0

+1

0 Likes
Sean_Devine
1 0 1

I’m also really interested in this thread. Any update on your plans for digital product support?

beley
Tourist
42 0 1

Let me know if you need any guinea pigs for this – I’d love to help get it up and going. I have an ebook I’m thinking of publishing soon and Shopify seems like the perfect solution if we can find a way to get downloadable products working.

0 Likes
Scott_McCracken
1 0 0

We are also interested in using Shopify as a vendor to sell a service (or intangible product) rather then an actual tangible good.

Our business provides professional digital photo manipulation and restoration. Therefore we are looking for a web-based solution where the user can select a service (which Shopify does very well), upload their image (via a custom form?) and pay via credit card or paypal.

I have loved everything I have seen from Shopify, but does this sound like too custom of a business model to be able to use your service?

0 Likes
masukomi
2 0 0

I’m also interested for selling physical and downloadable copies of books.

0 Likes