Solved

Downloading complete order details as an excel file

BDBCo
Tourist
3 1 0

Hi

When I export orders I do not get the complete variant details of orders/products that have three variants. Only the product size is included in the spreadsheet. How do I get the full product detail - in my case size, colour and cushion style? TIA

Accepted Solution (1)
BDBCo
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, they are managed outside Shopify. looking at it the app doesn't allow me to download any relevant data unfortunately.

Will take a look at Roast Toaster thanks vm 🙂

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
526 42 85

Hi there - how are your variants setup? Any examples you can provide would be helpful.

BDBCo
Tourist
3 1 0

Hi

thanks for responding

I think I might have found the issue thanks to your question. I get the full details of those products for which the total number of variants is less than 100 - the Shopify limit. However, for those products for which I have had to use an app (Infinite Product Options) as the total number of variants exceeds 100, I only get the variant detail that is directly on Shopify. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Also, all the variant details from Shopify are delivered into a single Excel column, ie there isn't a separate column for the detail in the three variants  - size, colour and cushion type are all in the same Excel column which makes analysis tedious as they have to be manually separated out before you can do comparisons across the products. Any thoughts on that? TIA

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
526 42 85

I don't think there is much you can do with the variants above 100, as I believe that is managed outside Shopify.

Our free app Report Toaster should allow you to separate the values better than Shopify, although I wouldn't know without seeing the data. Please feel free to check it out and I can help best I can. Thanks!

BDBCo
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, they are managed outside Shopify. looking at it the app doesn't allow me to download any relevant data unfortunately.

Will take a look at Roast Toaster thanks vm 🙂

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
316 24 99

Hey there @BDBCo ,

The custom options selected by the customer when placing the order will typically be stored in the Lineitem Properties field of the Shopify order.

If you're still looking for a solution and are open to using an app, our EZ Exporter app can export those line item properties for you and you can place them into separate columns.

We have a guide here with examples on how this works in our app: https://www.highviewapps.com/kb/how-can-i-put-each-line-item-property-into-its-own-column/

This is a bit of an advanced use case but we can help you set these up if you decide to give our app a try.

As for the 3 standard variant options, our app can also export each variant option in separate columns.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hi @BDBCo , If you are still looking for a solution, you can try Report Pundit. We have the option to categorize the product size, color, and cushion type in individual columns fetching data from Infinite options. You can export it in Excel, CSV and schedule it to email or Google drive.

Our team can create custom reports unique to your business.

Feel free to reach me at support@reportpundit.com for help in creating reports.

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards