Downloading product images

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Is it possible to download my product images?  My NAS crashed and I would like to have a local copy of product images. 

Thanks!

2 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'd also love this information!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 1 12

There's no direct way of downloading them, however, if you create a private page and use liquid to loop through every product on your store to output their images, you can then copy/paste the list and use a Firefox add-on such as: DownThemAll to download all of your images.

Try this liquid on an empty page:

{% for product in collections['all'].products %}
    {% for image in product.images %} {{ image.src | product_img_url: 'master' }}<br>
    {% endfor %}
{% endfor %}

Once you've got the list, paste it into a txt document, open that file in Firefox and right click>DownThemAll.

Take note that this is looping all products in the All collection so be sure to either change this or create an All collection if it doesn't already exist.

Liam Merlyn | Shopify Developer
3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
48 0 30

Hey Julie,

Chantal, Shopify Guru here!

There's a really cool Chrome extension that you can use to download all the images for your products.

It is called Tab Save (it's free!). Here is the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-save/lkngoeaeclaebmpkgapchgjdbaekacki

So once you have the extension installed, go to your Shopify admin and click on Products. Select all of them, and export them out to a CSV file. Open this CSV file in a spreadsheet program like EXCEL or Numbers and copy the list of URLS from the IMAGE SRC column. Plunk that into the extension (in the section titled "Enter your download links which you can access by clicking on the Crayon icon in the bottom left corner of the extension window) and it will download all images to your downloads directory.

Hope this helps!

Chantal, Shopify Guru

Chantal, Shopify Guru
21 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you, this worked great!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Worked exactly as explained.  Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I did the chrome extension, but when I pasted in 463 links - I only got one image downloaded. What did I do wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

I tried it and it worked like a charm! Thank you!! :-)

I have worked so hard to be where i am today. Anything is possible with a positive mind.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Thats a great tips, thanks. Saved heaps of time.

Ecommerce Website Design | Wellington, New Zealand | https://anyware.co.nz/
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi
Is there a way to download it using code?
like this?
webClient.DownloadData(url);
(Faild on error 403)

Thanks

0 Likes