Draft Order accept partial payment

Highlighted
1 0 3

We also need this functionality. For online retailers with higher ticket prices, taking deposits on orders is not uncommon. Come on Shopify, you can see this is something that your customer's need and it shouldn't be that technically difficult to introduce to the platform!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 7

Okay, please make this happen. We are a high end interior design firm and 99% of our order need a 50% deposit. The problem with the pos app is that you can’t do it in draft orders. We all start with draft orders and keep working on those till we are fully happy with the content. Starting with an order makes the system cluttered. So yes please, make it possible to accept partial payment or both order and draft orders. 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Yes, please add this feature. We really need it too.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

I'm switching from Volusion to Shopify for most of my goods. But there is one line of products which require payment plans (layaway). Because Shopify can't do this, I'm actually keeping my Volusion store around just for those products. I wish I could bring them over to Shopify, too. But the feature just isn't there.
In Volusion, I can record "offline payments". Every time I enter a payment, the order updates.
Wish Shopify could also do this.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I completely agree with George, above. Same situation with one of my stores of needing to take a 50% deposit on a draft order. We have scenarios with building a draft order knowing it will be modified later. May be taking a 50% deposit on the whole order, or a partial payment for some items which require a longer lead time to build or acquire while the remainder of the order is finalized. The customer, however, wants it all on one order. This is probably needed more than has been voiced.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

I'm not sure why this was never standard to begin with. As Brett said, this is needed more than it has been voiced. Something as simple as being able to take a deposit on an order or even making payment plans would be something you expect from one of the world's largest eCommerce platforms. Instead, they point us in the direction of Apps which do nothing but run around the situation and more times than not make it extremely messy. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 4

I am also needing this functionality, along with all the other contributors to this post. We don't need some sort of workaround, we need this partial payment functionality. If this is something that can be done when we create orders on the POS system, why isn't this available when we create orders through the draft order system?

And I agree with what everyone has been saying in this post... This should have been a standard feature from the beginning. When we take large orders we need to be able to take a down payment. We shouldn't have to build up a separate invoice to take a down payment. This looks tacky and will inevitably lead to confusion and unnecessary extra work.

Can someone from Shopify please address this for us?

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

I haven't seen anything else about this being considered a feature yet in Shopify. I also would like this to be able to take custom orders at a show (50% deposit) and then send a follow-up invoice to collect the remainder upon shipping. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Another vote to implement this feature ASAP. (Seems once a Shopify Employee responds to the initial question or request then subsequent inquiries or comments are generally ignored...)

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
50 1 13

(Seems once a Shopify Employee responds to the initial question or request then subsequent inquiries or comments are generally ignored...)

Yes - it's piss poor customer service. If I treated my customers like this I would have no customers........

True Talon - Knives and EDC Gear www.truetalon.com
2 Likes