Draft Orders (in Admin) is great, but why is it missing DISCOUNT CODES

Highlighted

The ability to not utilize Discount codes for draft orders is an unacceptable omission. Even using the Bold Commerce Custom Pricing does not allow us to use automatic product discounts. We keep finding glaring omissions with Shopify that make it difficult to keep recommending this platform to our clients.

8 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Hi! Any news about this basic feature ?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2
I’d also like an update please
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 7

+1 on this "feature" (Isn't it more of a fix, since I think discount codes working with draft orders sounds more like expected behavior than a request)

In my store's case, we rely on draft_orders api for custom product bundles (due to Shopify's restrictions on products/variants, we MUST use draft_orders for certain products). We also plan on releasing a "rewards" system, in which customers can earn points for purchases and use them for discounts on checkout (this would require Shopify discounts).

The clear problem arises when customers try to use their redemption points but also require a draft_order.

Please Shopify make everyone in this thread's dream come true, and fix this!! It's almost 2020~

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

This would be very helpful for being able to differentiate why an order was discounted.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Dear Guru Team,

Please fast forward to this message's current time: 2020.

Four years since this threads origin.

One still cannot use discount codes for draft orders - I know it is understood a large amount of Shopify users rely on apps for customers to customize products or order with tiered discounts, etc.  Many of these apps create draft orders in order for the modifications to be made, meaning our paying customers cannot use our discounts when checking out- which sends them away.

Why are we, the merchants, unable to provide the highest tier of customer service to our customers because the backend will not perform like the frontend?

Since Shopify keeps a % of my sales, I would theorize that the issues that send away $ should want to be addressed - no?

I cannot emphasize enough the amount of lost revenue we are talking about.

What avenue can a merchant take to upscale an issue to actually be addressed - without paying for yet another app to patch the issue?

Please - can someone actually do something about this?

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2
2020 and still no where to enter a discount code in a draft order.
Common people. Just add it!
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

+1 times a million, I'm working with the script editor to apply additional discounts to orders aside from the code.  I would like to test whether the script editor is applying and using another shopify app (flow) correctly.  I have created a test store to test out whether the data is flowing and connected correctly and what data I can expect to extract, but without this feature I'm not sure how to replicate the use of a discount code on an order while applying an additional discount.  The only other way I can think to test would be in production which is terrifying to us engineers

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

Hi guys and the ZERO Shopify Team,

I would like to advise you that the case has been raised to The Australian ConsumersAssociation (ACA).

As Shopify is not offering a free service, they have a duty of answer and action. As Shopify authorizes apps to modify or use part of their code  they have an obligation to answer and offer to their client on ongoing support that ensure that both app and 'core product' are working together. 

As they ignore this basic request for years, it is legit to raise the case to any consumers authority in your countries.
If we all do that (it is easy, just an online form) they will receive email and calls for these authorities and will have to act or answer. It is a the only to make them hear our voices. Trust me it is only 5 minutes of your time.

Below the message I sent to The Australian ConsumersAssociation (ACA). Feel free to use it and adapt it (I am French based in Australia so you may have few spelling or grammatical mistakes ;) )

Subject: "Delivery of a non fully functional online product/service - Shopify"
Object: Despite many requests, the company Shopify remains silent about a fix on their draft order feature. Shopify is providing an online product to help e-commerce to create a website and sell products. The solution is hosted on their servers.
It is now 4 years that myself, and others users, have notified this company of a fix that must be made on the 'draft order'. Indeed, buyers cannot apply discount on these type or orders. PROMO CODES (or discount) are a basic for an e-commerce and not offering this option make the full Shopify solution useless. Please note that Shopify has a market place on which one you can purchase app  but unfortunately developers face the same issue as the draft order option is managed by Shopify (they do not give access to the code of this feature). There is no workaround and has Shopify remains silent about this bug, thousands users in Australia and around the world cannot fully use the solution despite being charged the full price. Some users also raise the question of the security. Indeed, the fact that no answer is given worry us about the security of teh draft option and so the payment of our clients. We think (but have no proof) that Shopify is aware a possible security issue and do not act. This is only a supposition but as we cannot get any answers from them company, everything can be possible. I urge The Australian ConsumersAssociation to contact shopify and ask them when they plan to fix this issue  and offer to their client to add a COUPON CODE and draft order feature. I there is a security breach on this feature, it is very important to get answer from them before it is too late.  Once again, there is no workaround and draft order are mandatory and very often used by third party developper in their app.... app that are CERTIFIED by Shopify.  Thanks for your help."

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

there is a problem with the discount codes being used through the Lumise app. Lumise would like to integrate the discount code into their app, but Shopify's source code won't allow them to do so. This is really a DRAG!!! Please Fix This!!!!

1 Like