Draft Orders with cart attributes and line item properties?

Highlighted
5 0 0

I'm creating a store for a business that handles about 30% of orders as telephone sales.

The draft orders screen will work well for the creation of these orders. BUT

how can I show fields to enter cart attributes - such as delivery instructions, or line item properties such as a personalization message??

I've read the tutorials for adding these fields to the cart and print order templates, so they show as 'Additional details' on the order screen.

But they do not show as options for staff to enter this information on the draft_order screen?

Thanks,
Leo

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Anyone able to tell me if modifying the draft_orders screen is even possible?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Leo,

I am wondering if you ever got an answer? Having the same issue and would be grateful for a hint!

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Never got an answer - but figured out that it wasn't possible to modify the draft orders screen itself.

What I did was build an app that is reached via the 'more actions' dropdown.

The only drawback is that you have to save the draft order first to then modify and create the additional fields using the app - so you need to structure your call to get the basics saved then add details.

Let me know if you need help as it was a steep learning curve for me working out how to develop it, but it is now in daily use and seems stable.

Cheers,
Leo

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Leo,
Thank you for your feedback. I tried to find another solution, since my main problem is not being able to send the properties to a third party via email.
But I am stuck at the moment and I am not sure if I can tweak shopify to follow my usecase. You offered to help, so do you offer consultancy?

I need to discuss my usecase and find out if I can do something different.
Kind regards Michael

laubacher@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Leo,

Can you provide details how you accomplished this? I’m in need of something similar. I create draft orders but need to add custom information to each line item product added.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Leo,

I need to do exactly the same, is this app that you created public in the app store?

Any help is very much appreciated it

Ronald

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Ronald,

We use an app called Edit Order. It's a bit tricky because you have to put part of the order into a draft, save it, and then continue in Edit Order to add any additional details. In our case we add a delivery date and a gift message.

I hope that helps.

Jay

0 Likes