Draft orders not showing up on customer's 'My Account' view

Highlighted
Explorer
50 1 16

Hello,

can someone confirm that draft orders do not show up in the customer's 'My Account' view like the other orders?

If they should show up, why can't I see them?

Thanks,

Evert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
857 129 146

Hi There!

Draft orders are orders exclusively created in the backend and not by customers hence cannot be displayed as part of the Order object being fetched. All good on your end!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
50 1 16

Hi there,

thanks for your reply... is there a chance to see them in the 'my account' view? as I'm using drafts to take orders but customers are not paying them yet until delivery.

in other words, could I change the script in such a way that the draft orders are fetched as well?

thanks,

Evert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
857 129 146

Why don't you just mark the order with a "Payment on Delivery" option? Your order will be created and it will be marked as pending in the payment status, when the customer receives the order you mark it as paid. That way your customer sees his order and you don't have to keep track of drafts.

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
50 1 16

JHKC,

really appreciate the thought... quick question... can the customer then still pay via credit card and I capture payment through Shopify? or do I have to manage payments outside of Shopify manually?

and where would I 'find' the option of 'payment on delivery'? or is this just a note I'll add to my order and then follow up with the customer?

Thanks again,

Evert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
857 129 146

Once an order is done a Payment status will be assigned, so if he hasn't paid at the time it will show as Pending. 

To add custom payment methods go to "Settings" -> "Payments" -> "Alternative Payment Methods".

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
50 1 16

JHKC,

could I change the code in customers/account.liquid so that it can include drafts?

Thanks,

Evert

0 Likes