Drop down content options

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello all, 

We have a hair salon where I am using a Wordpress Website. We recently got the idea of selling and shipping custom hair coloring kits because of the current Covid 19 situation. I have researched and others are doing it and their websites are using an extensive selection of hair color shades where they select a color option and more content drops down below based on their selection and this all leads to a shopping cart. I am not aware of how to do this with HTML and I cannot seem to find a plugin which allows this. I currently put together something similar on my wordpress website, but basically when someone clicks on a color option, it will take them to another page and so on until leading them to a shopping cart. This was a lot of work and it 's pretty rudimentary. Plus, I need to use a Shopify website so I can set up FB conversion pixels. Currently, I have a Shopify buy button on my wordpress site.  Again, I am looking for a drop down content function which stores the clients information, I am not even sure what to call it and this may be part of my problem. I have two websites below which has this function, I prefer Madison Reed because it is less confusing. If someone could point me in the right direction as to if there is a plugin which can accomplish this or maybe a particular theme, I would really appreciate it. I have spoken to Shopify's customer service and he could not help me. I have also checked these websites and neither are Shopify websites. I have hit a dead end.  Thanks!

https://www.madison-reed.com/color-advisor

https://www.esalon.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Troyts1. Walter here from microDev (Shopify Partner).

It’s great to hear that you are wanting to expand your business during this challenging time and I believe those who are doing this will really come out stronger on the other side, having set their business up for success. We are currently also working with a customer who started on a Wordpress site with an E-commerce plugin, but is now transitioning their whole website over to the Shopify platform as it just makes everything much easier to manage when All your content is in one place and you have less maintenance and security to worry about. Shopify also has many other benefits over Wordpress such as performance, robustness, support and many others which I’m sure you are familiar with.

With regard to your question, may I firstly say that the websites you have attached have done a great job in providing a clean, user-friendly, customised way of recommending a hair colour which I think is fantastic. However, no app or plugin will give you this. What those websites have done is a completely custom and fairly detailed bit of coding based on some complex background logic. You will need to hire a professional website developer to achieve this.

I believe we could implement such a feature for you, however we would need to discuss exactly what you want to achieve, the logic for making each decision and what your existing solution currently looks like. Please do get in touch with me directly at walter@microDev.today to discuss more specifics around your request and what all may be involved in achieving your request. We could also help you migrate your entire existing Wordpress store to Shopify if you are looking at moving platforms to make your content and product management simpler and further your business.

Look forward to hearing you,

Walter Stoltsz

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you. I kind of figured that would be the case. We are actually making sales at the moment, but it is from existing clients whom cant come in because of the quarantine. However, I want to test it a little bit with what I have to see if it's a worth while business. I feel if it is, even with the set up I have, I will make a sale here and there. If it seems like something which is worth the investment, I will take you up on the offer. I appreciate you reply and have a great evening. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Troyts1

No problem at all. Simply to satisfy my curiosity, would you mind either email me or posting here your current solution to this problem. I’d love to see how you’ve tackled it so far! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Oh, I just have to going from one page to page to another, starting with the page I pasted below. It was a lot of work, lol. 

https://www.bellartesalon.com/custom-hair-color-systems/

0 Likes