Drop shipping in Oberlo

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 2

Hello,

I'm curious can we still drop ship products in Oberlo from China with the current epidemic outbreak going on in China? Does anyone know? I would greatly appreciate an answer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,  The virus is not in all the cities. The drop shipping is still working perfectly. My clients are still doing it with no issue. You can contact me here if you have any query https://experts.shopify.com/webexpert-1/customize-design  Thanks

Webexpert
1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey ViToy, dropshipping definitely still works using Oberlo/AliExpress. I'm in contact with a few suppiers and the majority of them are continuing to operate, but I'd recommend reaching out to them personally as every case is different. 

The main concern with nCoV right now is that customers don't want to receive packages from China as they believe they're filled with coronavirus, waiting to jump out of the package and latch themsleves onto their eyeballs. If anyone comes to you with a concern like that, show them this:

EPrcduAWsAAJ7jF.jpg

This is an offical statement from the World Health Organization. Don't be afraid to answer your customers concerns with confidence on this matter!

P.S You can also filter AliExpress suppiers by country to find products that ship from U.S warehouses. You'll pay more but its a good option to have until this all blows over.

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Shopify Calculator - What's the Cost of a Shopify Store? Read More
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 23

Hi @ViToy! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

As it seems, the others have already answered you question, and they are indeed factual. From my end, I'd like to ask if Oberlo is your only option for a dropshipping app you can source out from for your store? Have you considered sourcing out from EU and US suppliers to also have items on your store that can ship fast? Perhaps it might be something you'd like to try out and see how it goes in terms of how fast the items ship to your customers.

Apps like Spocket can make this possible, with it giving you access to thousands of suppliers who are mainly based in the EU and the US. With this, not only are you assured of quick shipping times (1-3 days, 3-5 days, 4-7 days), the products you're provided with on the app's catalog are also of exceptional and topnotch quality due to the rigorous onboarding process that suppliers go through before they can be part of the app. You can learn more about it and see how it fits your store on Spocket's official website! As well, you can also join Spocket's official Facebook page to engage with Spocket users and get feedback from them about the platform.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 2

Yes, I have seen Spocky and looked thru. the catalog. the catalog doesn't have a good selection on the products I'm searching for in my niche.  However, I do like to source from EU or the US, but hasn't found any apps. that have good selections of products.  Any suggestions? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I am a brand new store that only tested one product to see what the receiving package looked like.   I've only aware of China shipping and am extremely leery only because of the shipping time it takes, too long even for me.  My products are cannabis accessories. Unfortunately my only test was a complete failure.  All my searches on Aliexpress are for and from the US, but it seems they all come from China originally and take longer than the US has become accustomed to. (thanks Amazon)  In order to prevent paying more than the thousands I've already invested, what free apps allow me to order where shipping is much shorter? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Well the issue with Spocket is the available of product selection. I would definitely drop ship only from the USbid the platform had the selection variety of China drop shipping. Also, I have been impacted by this whole mess of Coronavirus. My supplier won’t even respond anymore. Many of these suppliers should have updated inventory to zero so we could not sell products yet they didn’t leaving us exposed and in negative situation with our customers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Thank you for your response. Having China so effected and not updating
their inventory is not good. Yes, I have used only goods from US to US.
Unfortunately, because of my product risk and the virus, not one sale.
Hopefully this won't last but a few more weeks. Trying to be optimistic.

Deb
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

sorry i Had to reply as i cant see how to just ask my question by myself..... i changed my email on shopify, how can i reconnect my OBERLO account please. Ive been trying an hour now and cant get through to shopify. NOT GOOD.

0 Likes