Dropshipping Shipping

Sabrina20
1 0 0

Hey, Im currently a beginner on Shopify and dropshipping. I wanted to know how to set up the shipping rates. But, not for using dropshipping through orberlo but a vendor that doesn't have an app. My vendor shipping is from 3-4 business days. My vendor is overseas. How many days of shipping should I put for my website? Should I do 7-14 business day time frame? So, if any delays comes up there's a good amount of time for the customer to receive their order?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2169 206 458

@Sabrina20 

Great question! I think your choice to use 7-14 days is a solid route; however, I would recommend speaking with your vendor to determine if they have estimated shipping times for each country you ship to as delivery times will vary depending on the destination country. 

For example, if they are shipping from China, then countries near China will likely see a faster delivery time which you can indicate in your shipping rates for those countries. However; countries such as the United States or Canada may see longer wait times, so using a longer shipping estimate such as 10-20 days may be more realistic. 

It's better to state a longer (but still realistic) than expected delivery time to account for anything that could happen during transit. That way, if your products arrive sooner than expected then your customers will be happier than if the shipping takes longer than expected. 

You can learn more about shipping rates and shipping profiles through our help centre here

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes