Dropshipping + shipping weight problems

Solved
Highlighted
18 0 0

I started dropshipping and just as i was about to open my store I realised that i havent filled out any of the shipping weight. Is the weight necessary? even though it isn't me shipping?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 6 15

Shipping weight is critical for accurate shipping rates at checkout. Even though you drop ship, you need to provide the shopper with an accurate shipping cost in order for them to complete the order.  Any inaccuracies at this point can cost you money. There is a solution that will base the shipping on vendor location (specially if you have multiple vendors) - would you like to discuss in further detail?

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

@shipguru yes please. Also some of the products didn't have it's shipping weight in the descriptions. What should I do for those products. Or is there a place to find them? I use aliexpress by the way.

Also you said that it would cost me money but is it ok if I have a stable profit? Like if the shipping fee is $2 and the product is orignally $5, would i lose money if I sell it for $12?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
150 6 15

If there is not weight for specific items, and the drop shipper cannot provide it - you can offer a flat rate for shipping based on the value of the item.  You will not lose money by including the shipping cost in the item and offering free shipping for those items. That is how a lot of store owners are selling drop shipped items. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi i have a question as well, not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask.. if the product that i am selling has free shipping why am i seeing shipping cost checkout. is it that my shopify and Dsers account is not correctly set up to dropship?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 6 15

Hew are you setting up the free shipping for that specific item? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
If a customer can add more than one of the same item, wouldn't the weight change also how is that calculated or automated for shipping?
0 Likes