Dropshipping

Highlighted
2 0 1
I’m setting up a dropping business on shopify through AliExpress, the shipping options on AliExpress such as epacket, dhl, chinamail etc are they available to the customers on the shopify store?
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 39 100

Hi, @SimonCN89!

Are you using Oberlo for your dropshipping business? When adding products to your store, Shopify does not import shipping methods from Oberlo or any other dropshipping app. Instead, these are set up manually in Settings > Shipping

When setting up your shipping rates, how you choose to charge customers for shipping is entirely up to you. Quite often, dropshippers offer free shipping on all orders, or free shipping over a set dollar amount (for example, free shipping over $50). If you do this, just ensure that the shipping rates the supplier charges are factored into the markup on your product price. We have a great help doc on how to set up your shipping strategy as a dropshipper I recommend checking out here. This doc outlines a few different ways you can set up your shipping rates and also includes a video demonstrating how to set your shipping settings in Shopify.

When a customer places an order, you’ll then have to order the product directly from the supplier. At this point, you have the ability to select the actual shipping method that will be used (we typically recommend ePacket). A breakdown of common shipping methods for Oberlo orders can be found here. At the checkout, your customers will only see the rates you set up in Shopify, not the shipping methods or rates in AliExpress. When fulfilling the order, the shipping method is selected by you, the merchant. What kind of products are you selling? Are you looking to offer free shipping?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi everyone! It is a must that we need to have reliable shipping options when starting a dropshipping business. Spocket app caters a variety of reliable shipping options as the suppliers and products were mostly from US and EU.  Carriers like USPS, Fedex, and DHL are some of the shipping options and may guarantee fast shipping options that you are looking for.

Spocket is free to start with and you may find it in Shopify app store
https://apps.shopify.com/spocket
Let me know if you have questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Julie wrote:

Hi, @SimonCN89!

Are you using Oberlo for your dropshipping business? When adding products to your store, Shopify does not import shipping methods from Oberlo or any other dropshipping app. Instead, these are set up manually in Settings > Shipping

When setting up your shipping rates, how you choose to charge customers for shipping is entirely up to you. Quite often, dropshippers offer free shipping on all orders, or free shipping over a set dollar amount (for example, free shipping over $50). If you do this, just ensure that the shipping rates the supplier charges are factored into the markup on your product price. We have a great help doc on how to set up your shipping strategy as a dropshipper I recommend checking out here. This doc outlines a few different ways you can set up your shipping rates and also includes a video demonstrating how to set your shipping settings in Shopify.

When a customer places an order, you’ll then have to order the product directly from the supplier. At this point, you have the ability to select the actual shipping method that will be used (we typically recommend ePacket). A breakdown of common shipping methods for Oberlo orders can be found here. At the checkout, your customers will only see the rates you set up in Shopify, not the shipping methods or rates in AliExpress. When fulfilling the order, the shipping method is selected by you, the merchant. What kind of products are you selling? Are you looking to offer free shipping?

Hi, how are you doing? I have an urgent inquiry regarding this issue. Actually, more like 2 different inquiries:

Let's say I set a free shipping policy in my Shopify Store, then, when I fulfill the order with the supplier, I need to choose my shipping method with them. But, my questions are:

1- I'm using Oberlo automated order fulfillment. Is that a totally automated process? I mean, after a buyer places an order in my store, does the supplier automatically receives my order with the shipment method already selected by default? Or do I get to confirm the shipping with supplier?

2- Let's suppose a customer chooses 2 or 3 products (all from different suppliers), and one of them does not ship to their location. What happens? I guess I will not be able to fulfill the order through the supplier, and so I might need to reimburse the customer, does it work like that?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 39 100

Hi, @belmar313!

I should clarify that Oberlos' ordering process is not entirely automatic. Instead, the ordering process is what you might call semi-automatic because you still need to initiate the purchase by clicking the Order Products button in the Oberlo dashboard. Doing so will give you the opportunity to select a shipping method, as well as choose how you'll be paying for the product. I recommend checking out our help doc on placing and fulfilling orders with Oberlo and AliExpress, as it's crucial that you understand the process prior to launching. 

Because the order process isn't entirely automatic, it's important that you adjust your checkout settings in Shopify so that orders are not automatically marked as fulfilled; this will cause orders to inaccurately show up as fulfilled in Oberlo. If you have automatic fulfillment enabled in your Shopify settings, you can disable it by heading to Settings > Checkout, where you'll see this option: 

In regards to your second question, it's always a good idea to do your due diligence in ensuring that the products you have imported into your store are available to customers in the locations you are marketing to. If you've discovered that you're selling products that can't be shipped to specific locations, then I would recommend either removing those products or perhaps targeting different locations in your ads.

You're totally right - if there is an instance where a customer orders something that cannot be shipped to them, it would be best to reach out and offer a refund or a different product instead.

I hope this helps answer your questions! Let me know if you require any further clarification.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
210 8 26

Hi @SimonCN89, I know this may come as a late reply but you made a great decision using your Shopify store to dropship with AliExpress. As fas as the shipping options, they are totally available.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, You have to go to Settings then shipping and set the prices there manually. You can create different shipping zones. Check this video I will clarify you all the things

Webexpert
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hello,

Can I ask you about shipping? 

I partnered with third-party and looking to sell on my website (dropshipping), how do I establish/manage the shipping cost? I know the third-party have all the options such as fedex, usps and etc, but how is done so it is calculated on my website when customer orders? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 39 100

Hi, @sssarakelyan

When it comes to setting up your shipping rates, there are a couple of options for you. First, if you're located in Canada or the United States, you could choose to offer calculated rates. With calculated rates, customers will see either UPS, FedEx, USPS, and/or Canada Post shipping rates in the checkout. The exact rate they see will be based on where the product is being shipped from (the location of your supplier) and where it's being shipped to (your customer's shipping address), along with how much the product weighs. If your supplier only has one location they're shipping from, and if you have access to the product weights, then this could be a good solution for you. 

Another option is to create flat shipping rates. With these types of rates, you can choose to offer a specific rate based on either the total price or the total weight of the order. You can also choose to offer free shipping if your customers purchase over a certain amount. If you choose this method, then it would be a good idea to get an estimate of how much your average order will cost to ship. Then, you can set a rate that's similar to this estimate. Keep in mind that it's important to understand how much it will cost for your supplier to ship the product so that you can ensure you're charging customers a rate that will cover the expense on your end. 

How are you going to be fulfilling orders? Will you be connecting with the supplier and manually placing the order from them, or do they have an app that integrates with Shopify? If you still aren't sure how you'll be integrating with your supplier, you could choose to set up a custom fulfillment service. Then, when you mark an item or complete order as fulfilled in your Shopify admin, the fulfillment service is sent an email with all the order information so that they can fulfill it for you. While setting up a custom fulfillment service will not affect your shipping rates, it might be something worth considering if you're still working on logistics with your supplier. 

Have you set up any shipping rates yet? If you are having any issues doing so, feel free to respond here with a screenshot of your current shipping settings. I'd be happy to take a look! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3
Thank you for your response, very helpful.
1 Like