Dual Customer Login System

Solved
Asjas
Excursionist
18 3 3

Hi,

We are still in the planning phase for a shop that we want to create on Shopify. We have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for us.

We want to create a dual login system for our Shopify store. One for normal customers that can complete purchases in our shop and then we want to create a protected (VIP) login system for our existing customers that use our physical shops. The VIP section will include items that we do not want to sell to other customers. The VIP login system should also verify the customer against a MYSQL DB (self-hosted) so that we can only allow current physical customers to then login and have an VIP account.

If a dual login system cannot be implemented, is there a way for us to have VIP customers that can only access certain products or a protected page? They would still need to be validated against a self-hosted MYSQL DB, so that we can block normal customers from accessing it or ordering the item.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3512 281 675

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Asjas,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. After reading your post, the first thing which came to my mind was a lock app. A lock app essentially enables you to lock certain things across your site, whether it's a product, a specific members page, the blog, anything you can think of. A dual membership is something which wouldn't really be common or work based on the structure of how Shopify is built. A lock style app would definilty be a better way forward for what you are looking for. I took a look through the Shopify app store and found the most popular and best lock/ protect apps, let's take a look at them below:

Each app is different and will offer different features, so it would be worth your while to investigate each one to decide which best suits your needs. 

Hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog