Duplicate store to another language? (Multilanguage)

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

I want to feature my store in danish and english without using paid apps. 

The plan is to dublicate the store I already have, and translate it into danish. Then somehow make it accesable through www.WEBSITE.com/da, and link that somewhere on the original page.

My question is: How do I dublicate my store?

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 3

You need to add a code to translate the language into Danish. If you want the data to be accessible from anywhere you should tar to rent server, then your management job will be easier.

bamboo, bamboo table
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
285 0 25

Hi, Oliver!

One way to duplicate your store contents is to do like this: https://excelify.io/2017/10/15/clone-shopify-store/

Maris

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3 0 0

Do you mean that you'd like to create another Shopify store but with a different language? I don't know if you'd wanna do that. Because:

1. You'll have to pay double the amount you're paying today (shopify + applications).

2. You'll need to spend more time on maintance, uploading photos, ordering sections, adding produts, fixing prices ....

3. It is gone be more work for you to manage: stock & fullfillment

Unless you have some of the following requirements, I don't really recommend that:

- You have to offer your products in different currencies.

- You have different warehouses that serve your different markets.

- You have different people managing your stores. 

- SEO is of utmost importance for your targeted languages.

You can use a paid app the cost from would range from $6 up to +$69 (depending on how many language and features etc...).

Can you explain more your requirements and what is it exactly that you're trying to acheive?

SHOPIFY PARTNER & EXPERT
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

In most cases with standard themes Gtranslate App is best solution to make it accessible trough domainname.tld/da or another domain with .dk 

And it is cheap

Janus
0 Likes