E-mail history gone

Trailblazer
650 0 69

One of the few things I liked about S2 was that the Orders interface was finally tracking the e-mails I was sending my customers and I could actually see what i sent instead of having to BCC myself.

And now I've been told that the developers in their infinite wisdom have decided it's not important and it's been removed to make way for more important things.  But I was told I could always BCC myself.  WTF!!!

That is utter crap.  I sent off an e-mail this morning and it's actually a set BACKWARDS.  Previously in Classic, I could at least see i sent an email even if I could not read it.  Now it does not even log in.  But I was assured "its in the encrypted log.  You just can't access it".  Huh?  What bloody good is it?

If anyone else thinks this is crazy, please pepper Shopify with Support tickets!!

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
Trailblazer
650 0 69

I just can't believe this place and the decisions they make.

My apologies with your concern after the recent changes. You are correct however, it has been officially removed.

I will submit your concern to our development team, and if there's enough interest they will look at this feature as something to be added back on. That being said, I would not be too optimistic of this getting added again, because it was a calculated decision made by our development team that they believe will ultimately result in increased functionality.

Thanks for your concern, I have submitted the request to our wish list.

I hate when they do this.  Fix an issue, take it back and put it back on a 'wish list'.  Such garbage.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

I'm furious.

I can't believe they removed this feature.

<font size="2">Was there any advanced notice??  Not only did they remove it for future use but deleted all email history?  I now have no history of follow </font>up<font size="2"> emails I sent to customers.</font>

<font size="2">Seriously what the fuccckkk??  I didnt know that companies just deleted your email history like that.  these are important communications establishing attempts to contact, etc.  they can be crucial for disputes, claims or any clarifications.  each email sent regarding an order follow up has direct impact on revenues and customer relationships.</font>

<font size="2">this is utter bullshit. this is the stupidest dumbest inconsiderate obnoxious undermining idiotic thing I have ever had to deal with from an ecommerce platform.</font>

I'm pissed.  Now I am going to refund hundreds of dollars on an order because I unfortunately now have NO RECORD of the emails I sent to a customer as follow up on her order.

bullshit

0 Likes