EU Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) support

Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
I posted the legislation about charging the shipping. I will leave it to everyone else to interpret.
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
IOSS is not mandatory but there will be clearance fees when there is no IOSS present. DDP works but you need to have a way to pay it. A VAT entity. It sounds like you have an interesting service I am interested on how it works.
0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
German post has had some issues. They are sometimes not following the IOSS process. I think it is just new to them so there are some errors. We are communicating with them and I think this will start to become the exception not the rule.
0 Likes
Morning
Tourist
13 0 4

@Dbaca is this the document you're quoting? (page 10): https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/system/files/2021-06/guidance_on_import_and_export_of_low_valu...

Because page 19 and 20 detail how to calculate the VAT 'tax base': the 'intrinsic value' plus the 'transport and insurance costs to the destination'.

Page 20 also includes a rather large table of examples which clearly have VAT applied to 'transport fees' as well as the cost of the goods.

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
We are discussing this with the tax Authorities right now. There is a little ambiguity
0 Likes
Morning
Tourist
13 0 4

There's really not.

Absolutely, you must make sure that you are shipping under the distance selling rules and IOSS. The EU intermediaries that you may have nominated for IOSS are a great source of information on what you can/can't do when shipping DDU/DDP/IOSS + or - €150 threshold. The rules are fairly black and white.

0 Likes
Morning
Tourist
13 0 4

"The EU intermediaries that you may have nominated for IOSS are a great source of information"

I think this thread shows that's not necessarily the case, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
We are in the early days of IOSS. How things are being handled is playing itself out. I have been in Customs and Trade for 20 years. This is new and countries are getting use to it. The idea of a uniform law that raise the dutiable rate to €150 is a good thing for merchants. A uniform way to collect VAT without having to do multi-State reclamations is a good thing. Every carrier and clearance agent is learning right now. Intermediaries are seeing all the countries and shipments in bulk. We will continue to adjust to best practices as we get through the beginning of this change.
0 Likes
Morning
Tourist
13 0 4

That the VAT taxable amount has not changed in not playing itself out. I really think that you should state - as the representative of an intermediary with clients reading this forum who may take your word as good advice - that you got that wrong. You confused intrinsic value with taxable amount. Own it.

0 Likes