Tourist
24 0 2

Same here, can i use my UK VAT number?

0 Likes
SarahFB
Excursionist
10 0 7

Hi, 

I'm potentially hoping to use your services, however what do you do if you aren't VAT registered in the UK? I have an EORI number?

Thanks

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
Yes that is fine..EIN is for the U.S. VAT will work
0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
We are really looking for your VAT or organization number. So we can identify your specific company
Thanks,

0 Likes
frasers
Tourist
24 0 2

and how does the system work? I register with my UK VAT and information, after that when I want to ship to EU, I need to log into your website and fill in the shipping information to get a unique IOSS code? 

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26

You can use your company registration number. or VAT

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26

No you sign up with us and have your own IOSS number..

When you ship you can upload a csv file of your shipments, use our API or our Shopify extension (this is in beta)

Then we do the rest, Compliance, Reporting and payment

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
No you sign up with us and have your own IOSS number..
When you ship you can upload a csv file of your shipments, use our API or our Shopify extension (this is in beta)

Then we do the rest, Compliance, Reporting and payment
0 Likes
SarahFB
Excursionist
10 0 7

Hi

I'm not VAT registered in the UK as I don't need to be as my turnover is not high enough.  Company registration numbers are only issued to businesses that are registered at Companies House, such as limited companies and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs).  I am a sole trader and sole traders do not have company registration numbers because they are registered with HMRC, not Companies House.

I have an EORI number, this is a number required by a business to move goods between Great Britain and other countries.  It appears on all customs paperwork and is a way to identify the registered name and address of the business.  You can use this number to verify my business, surely? 

If you only accept VAT registration numbers and CRNs then you'll be putting another massive hurdle in the way of micro-businesses who always seem to be overlooked.

0 Likes
Dbaca
Excursionist
103 0 26
If you are a single yes use your EORI number.
0 Likes