Easiest way to upload thousands of product pictures

1 0 0

Hey all, I currently have an e-commerce store with everything ready to go however I have about 13k pictures from my wholesaler that I need to upload. What is the easiest way to go about doing this? I've tried the pxupload plugin but had no results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @LAltmann3!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

There are two methods to bulk import images into your Shopify store! You can either use our product CSV file template or use an app like this one. The Pxupload app is usually a good one too, can I ask why it didn't work for you? With the CSV file, you can include the image URLs in the CSV file for each product, including multiple variants images. Once the products are imported, the URLs will convert to Shopify image URLs, in case something were to happen to the original URLs.

Another solution is to first import the products then you could use the Image Manager app I linked above to organize the product images. If you prefer using the CSV file, please take a look at this Shopify Doc for additional information! CSV files can be a bit of work but they are great when you get the hang of them, if you choose this method, I always find the app 'Excelify' helps to make CSV files much easier and quicker.

I hope this helps, we are always here for you 24/7 in case you have any other questions or concerns! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes