Ebay templates

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Newer to Shopify, just linked shopify store to ebay. The listings that get posted are pretty bland. Is there a way to make your own template to use when shopify posts your stuff to ebay?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Ok, figured out that I can go in individually into each product and change the description up a bit(use shopify description as ebay description vs use custom ebay discription) . But is there a way to make a template that Shopify will plug my ebay info into, and use for all auctions? How do I make the "use custom ebay description" work across the board? I hope I'm explaining this correctly...

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

+1 I'm in the same situation.

I've been using InkFrog, which includes decent template designs and I get to include messages e.g. advertising our eBay shipping promotion (buy 2 products and pay only $10 flate rate shipping) and inviting the reader to visit the rest of our eBay store, etc.
..whereas..

the Shopify eBay integration just looks completely bad and boring.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am also in the same situation, and I guess we are going to have to sign up for InkFrog too.

It is REALLY too bad because if Shopify just had a way to save a a simple template that would be tacked onto the description sent to eBay, it would make it possible to just use Shopify as the central hub for everything! 

We were already using a TERRIBLE product called SixBit for the past 3 years (have regretted nearly every minute we have used it), and had hoped to simplify things.

Shopify and InkFrog do seem more modern and easier to use, but the added complication of InkFrog is disappointing.  :(

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Has anyone found any other solutions so far? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

It's not just me then!  I am at a crossroads as to what to do.  I was hoping to use Shopify as a central place to create listings and then farm them out to each platform.  Like all the above comments, the eBay description does look very bland.  Although, saying that is bland and boring the way to go????  Would appreciate anyone's thoughts or input.  I have tried Inkfrog in the past, but I don't like the way that they embed all of the listings.  Also, if we could resolve this, Shopify would work out better value in the long run I think.  Cheers.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

In the end I am using Codiso Linq

https://apps.shopify.com/codisto-linq

It's expensive, but it allows templates for eBay,

and there is decent workflow automation, e.g.

if a product on Shopify goes out-of-stock, it automatically ends on eBay,

and you can set it so that even new products added to your store, are automatically listed on eBay -- this is something that's lacking in InkFrog.

Codisto does Amazon integration in the same app.

The only problem is... it's quite expensive ($60USD per month!). So expensive, in fact, that I'm uncertain if we will continue to use them.

If you are doing both Amazon and eBay integration, then the price may be worth it for you

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same problem.

I tried Codiso but i was getting frustrated with the navigation. Even with a large monitor it was difficult to expand the sections and i felt like i was constantly dragging the scroll bar left and right.

I have been unpublishing ebay listings from my shopify and creating new listings so i can jazz up the HTML. I use the template on eselt.de which is free and i think looks really nice.

Only issue with not being synced is inventory levels.

Lets hope Shopify find a way to let you add a better template.

0 Likes