Edit Shipping carrier default

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

When I update tracking info, is there a way to set USPS as the default Shipping carrier?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
64 0 12

Hi there Tom,

I'm Jon, a Shopify Guru.

Currently, there's no way to have one carrier as the default.  That's a great suggestion of a feature which I'll pass along to our developers, but for now, you have to select the carrier from the drop down list anytime you're adding tracking info.

I hope that helps!  All the best!

-Jon
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes, I would like this as well. There seems to be a tick on one of the shipping agents, so some sort of default has already been set. Unfortunately this is not my shipper.
Please provide a feature to set the default shipper. It seem ridiculous to select aother shipper doe every order!
Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Hi we need this also, currently we post mostly through Aus Post but every time we scan the QR code for an Aus Post package it automatically sets the shipping carrier as DHL. Why? And can we get this fixed please? Thanks.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

How on earth is this not available? Everything we sell via Shopify will always go via Royal Mail and I would like that information to be included automatically on all the fulfilment communications with customers. This can't be a difficult thing to implement. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Yes, we would like this option to set a default too.

And also surprised it's not a standard feature.

And idea if and when this might be added.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
436 6 32

Hello @pimpmyhighchair,

Shopify identifies the carrier by reading the tracking number. In most cases, when you enter the correct tracking number, it should display the right shipping carrier. That's how the algorithm works. But there can be issues since many carriers have similar structures. In such cases Shopify fails to recognize the carrier as Aus Post and displays it as DHL.

As a solution to this problem, you can try the Australia Post Rates & Labels app. The app helps you automate the Australia Post shipping.

With the app, you can print the labels, show live rates at checkout and also handle tracking. When you generate Australia Post label for an order, the tracking number is automatically updated back to Shopify which is then included in the Shopify shipping confirmation email. This reduces the manual effort as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 7

2020 and it seems Shopify is still using some dodgy outdated algorithm to try and determine the right courier, based on tracking number. 

Given there's such propensity for the system to get it wrong, why not build a feature to allow merchants to simply set a default courier (including "Other")? 

0 Likes