What is the correct way to edit Shopify Chat App code?

steven007
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey Guys,

Is anyone else having the same issue as me with the shopify chat app? I am using the venture theme and on desktop the chat ui window is to big, i can edit the code via the dev tools but i cannot find anywhere to edit the app code in the theme code. Here is a screenshot of how it looks i just want to add this code but not sure where to put it.

steven007_1-1620139243221.png

This is the way i want it to look after the code below.

@media only screen and (min-width: 769px) {

.chat-ui{ height: auto !important; margin-top: 210px !important; }
.chat-app--is-open{ margin-left: 2px !important }

}

steven007_0-1620139192534.png

Replies 9 (9)

jotvark
Shopify Partner
65 11 30

Thanks for post.

Please share your site URL, and store password.
So I will check and provide a solution here.

Need help with theme customization or add a new feature? Hire me
Email: jotvark@gmail.com | Skype: jotvark3919

If helpful then please Like and Accept as Solution
steven007
Tourist
11 0 1

https://www.alinetrend.co.uk

Password:  yoyomoco

jotvark
Shopify Partner
65 11 30

@steven007 possible send me store access for jotvark@gmail.com. so i will check and fixed issues.

steven007
Tourist
11 0 1

I am unable to give you access to the store unfortunately could you send me details here and i will fix them myself, i just need to know where i can add the code to the venture theme or if you can direct me to the right spot where i can customize the code of the shopify chat app. 

jotvark
Shopify Partner
65 11 30

But manage via apps. so i will first check possible or not.

steven007
Tourist
11 0 1

I know some apps add code directly to the theme file structure by adding more files however i cannot see anywhere in the code where this has happened and there is no option to customize the shopify chat app, its okay i have messaged the app developers directly and i will post when a solution becomes available.

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

You do have a setting for the Chat channel to move the button location to the right. You won't need to make any modifications for that part.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
steven007
Tourist
11 0 1

I understand all that jason, i literally just need to change the height of the chat ui window, the shopify chat team said it cant be done but they will see if the team will allow customers to be able to customize it a bit more in the future.

KlondikeMike
Tourist
3 1 0

I am now at the same point in time with my site. Is the UI window customizable yet?