Edit a product right from the product page?

Solved
1 0 0

I used to have this nice black popup menu in the bottom of the page every time I would visit one of my product pages. This menu had a button "Edit Product" which would send me right to the product editing page in the Admin. Then I reinstalled my Windows, and now this popup menu is gone. Anyone know how to get it back? I'm using Debut theme.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
665 37 77

Hi there @stepis!

Don here from Shopify. :)

You might be referring to the online store preview mode, accessed whenever you click on the 'view' icon in your admin; such as beside the Online store sales channel or at the top of product pages in your admin.

This would allow you to see a preview of your storefront where you should still be able to see the black edit bar you refer to for editing your homepage, collection pages or product pages.

Check it out and see if you can still access that in this way!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi - I'm logged-in, I went into preview and clicked through my store the link is:
https://vk20d8x1itmb86eb-28545286192.shopifypreview.com/collections/wedding/products/233
but I don't see any Edit button or similar. 
This is a very important function for me, which I used a lot on Etsy. How do I activate it?

Thank you - Jenny

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 3

I have managed to make the front-end edit banner show up but unfortunately it comes and goes randomly.
I have no clue how to make it show up consistently.

Yes. I'm logged-in and Yes I have looked both at the Preview as well as the External view on my shop.

Jenny

0 Likes