Solved

Can you add a discount to an edited order in Shopify?

Gibbs
Tourist
8 0 17

Is there any way to edit an order and add a discount to an item added to the order? The original order was discounted from the retail price. We have wholesale customers and retail customers. Sometimes items are not in stock and we don't actively post inventory for a number of reasons. When we tell the customers their fabric is not in stock, a lot of them select a different color, in the same pattern. When we go to edit the order, we cant change the order for wholesale or discounted customers. Shopify doesn't allow us to add a discount to the edited order and we can only add products to the order at full retail. Is there anyway around this?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

This is an accepted solution.

My name’s Jordan and I’m a product manager on the order editing team here at Shopify —  nice to meet you.

I’m reaching out because I wanted to share that we’re very close to releasing a new order editing capability that will allow you to discount any new item that you add in order edit. 

I’ve put together a short video demo of the feature here, but if you’d like to try it out on your own store, just reply with your primary domain and I can toggle the feature for you shortly after. 

If you have any feedback or suggestions for improvement that you can share about this new discounting feature, I’d love to bring it back to our team.

All the best,

Jordan | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

That's great to hear! You're all set to try it out. Again, don't hesitate to follow up with any feedback you might have — we love this stuff! 

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

My name’s Jordan and I’m a product manager on the order editing team here at Shopify —  nice to meet you.

I’m reaching out because I wanted to share that we’re very close to releasing a new order editing capability that will allow you to discount any new item that you add in order edit. 

I’ve put together a short video demo of the feature here, but if you’d like to try it out on your own store, just reply with your primary domain and I can toggle the feature for you shortly after. 

If you have any feedback or suggestions for improvement that you can share about this new discounting feature, I’d love to bring it back to our team.

All the best,

Gibbs
Tourist
8 0 17

Hey Jordan,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this issue. This is definitely what I was looking for and needing as part of our Shopify store. I would love early access .

My store is https://revolution-fabric-by-the-yard.myshopify.com/

#Iloveshopify

Best,

James

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

That's great to hear! You're all set to try it out. Again, don't hesitate to follow up with any feedback you might have — we love this stuff! 

Gibbs
Tourist
8 0 17

Hey Jordan, 

I don't have any recommendations at this time. This is exactly the function we were needing .  I used it today for one of my wholesale customers. We were out of stock for one of the fabrics they selected in our store. They get a discount so I was easily able to change/edit the order to another fabric with their wholesale discount. Thanks again,

James

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

This is such awesome news! Thanks for sharing. I mentioned it to the team and they're super excited to hear you're already finding use for it. 

Django1118
Tourist
6 0 1

Is this option now released? I have the same problem. Want to apply discount to an item that was added into an order.