Editing email notification text

Solved
swag_and_stuff
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I am looking to edit the email text for items which are free delivery. Essentially these free delivery items are tickets and not physical items. Is there a way to differentiate the copy for items which have a delivery fee and those which don't?

I know you can edit for pick up or local?

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2493 402 591

Hello!

Head to Settings -> Notifications -> Order Confirmation is where the email templates can be edited 

Hope this helps

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 310

This is an accepted solution.

@swag_and_stuff to add the details to achieve this - you can use Liquid in the notification template to conditionally show information.

Example:

{% if shipping_method.title contains "Free" %}
  This content will only show if the order shipping method has the word Free in it, for example "Free Shipping"
{% endif %}

Reference: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/notifications/email-variables#order-fulfillment

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
swag_and_stuff
Tourist
3 0 1
thank you for your help!
swag_and_stuff
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for your help guys, all sorted

0 Likes
merakiplaza
2 0 1

Do you know how can I add additional information, like I want to tell the customers that "The Tracking code will be available once the order is fulfilled and ready to ship" Can I do that?

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 310

@merakiplaza yes you can add any html or liquid in those templates. Just go to notifications then open up the template you want to edit, add your code in and then preview it to see how it looks.

In your case you'd probably do this: <p>The Tracking code will be available once the order is fulfilled and ready to ship.</p>

If you're not familiar with HTML, make sure you copy all the original code in there to a text file before you start editing, just in case you break something, you can easily revert to how it was before.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
merakiplaza
2 0 1

Yes got it, Thank you so much