Editing pages other than Homepage

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Hi,

I'm just about to switch from WooCommerce to Shopify. WooCommerce is just too complex for my purposes (single-product store). But I'm either running into a fundamental flaw of Shopify or I'm too stupid.

I've setup my homepage in no time and the whole process was great using sections. Now I want to setup pages for FAQ, About Us, Media etc. However, It seems all I have available for that is a measly page editor which offers about the comfort of Wordpad. 

Please tell me I am missing something. If not: How do you build a great about page with that page editor? I really don't see the point in Shopify if I need to buy another page builder plugin for $20-50 per month to get those other pages set up.

Cheers

Ben 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
87 29 20

Hey Ben,

Unfortunately, using a page builder app, coding those pages yourself or hiring a developer would be your best options at the moment. 

Shopify announced that they would add the same page builder functionality that the homepage has to other pages at last year's partner conference (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/development/online-store-editor/index) . I'm not sure what the timeline is for making this live, maybe Shopify support has more insight here.

In the meantime though, there are no equivalent free solutions like those from the WP community. 

Is your store fast enough? Compare your store's speed against hundreds of others for free with our benchmarker - https://www.rvere.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply even though it's not what I was hoping for. This is really disappointing. As there's not even a rough timeline for release I'll have to reconsider whether Spotify is worth it for me after all.

Cheers
Ben

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey Alex. I have not figured out how to ask questions in this chat yet. I just saw that you are online now and decided to clarify one nuance. Do I need to connect the DNS hosting service with a third-party domain name registrar if I want to connect an already registered existing domain to my Shopify store?

0 Likes