Editing the Email Notification for an Order Confirmation

David_Burnett
2 0 0

Hi,

I edited my checkout fields and added a place for a customer to enter their purchase order number.  I changed the First Name field to be Full Name and then used the Last Name field for the Purchase Order # field.  However now in the email notification for the order confirmation it lists the Full Name and then the purchase order number next to the name.  It is just the number with no indication of what it is. I would like to have the text "P.O. #" before the number.

Any one now how to edit the code for this?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Dave

0 Likes
Ardiane_T
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 22

Hi Dave,

My name is Ardiane, a Guru here at Shopify!

For the order confirmation notification emails, all you would need to do is edit the template in order to change the last name to display as the Purchase Order # field.

To do this, you need to go into your Shopify admin:

1. Go to Settings

2. Choose 'Notifications'

3. Click the blue 'Order Confirmation' hyperlink and the template editor should pop up

You can then use this email variable reference doc to help you with editing the template.

For example, for now the the person's shipping name and billing name show up as both the first name and the last name like this: {{ shipping_address.name }}. To have just the first name be displayed, you use this: {{ shipping_address.first_name }}. The same goes for the billing address, it'll be displayed as {{ billing_address.name }} but you would just change it to {{ billing_address.first_name }} to have it as you'd like.

Then to have the P.O. #, you would just add P.O. # {{ shipping_address.last_name }} or P.O. # {{ billing_address.last_name }}.

I hope that helps! :)

- Ardiane :)

thesocialimpact
2 0 0

Hi Adriane! 

I have an eProduct - is there a way to easily have a email template automate for when someone purchases the eProduct? they receive a link. 

Or when someone purchases a coaching session, they are directly taken to my booking site? 

0 Likes
yogaforposers
1 0 1

This is also my question!

thesocialimpact
2 0 0

Was so hoping you'd have the answer! Gosh I hope someone else does!

0 Likes