Solved

Can I change my SSN to business EIN on Shopify?

BombGirl
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Shopify, 

I am trying to change my ssn number to our business ein but I can't find how to do it. Please help soon

Accepted Solution (1)
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hello everyone,

Ash here from the Shopify team. I'm updating this thread, as we've recently made changes to the way we deliver support for situations that require authentication- such as updating the EIN on file with a Shopify account. For anyone who currently needs assistance with making changes to sensitive information on an account, in order for us to provide the most efficient support we ask that you head over to the Shopify Help Center and contact our support team via phone, chat or email. 

Here's a link to our Help Center. On that page, follow through the prompts and you'll be shown the currently available methods to contact our support team. Once you're connected with a Support Advisor, they will be able to guide you through the next steps and help make the required changes to your account. I'm going to lock this thread now since this is no longer a situation we can support directly through the forums. Thank you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @BombGirl!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

In order to update sensitive account information such as your EIN associated with Shopify Payments, we'll need to loop in our payments team. This will require us to first complete authentication for the account in question, so I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Once you receive that email, please reply to it so that we can proceed with the next steps for your request. 

CE101
Visitor
2 0 1

HI @Ash ,

I have been attempting to get the same information through the Chat team since December 30th. Our Store has been offline since we began looking to make the transfer. This process has been terribly disappointing. Is there any way you would also be able to assist me with the same paperwork as the OP? 

We started a new LLC because the website has exceeded our wildest expectations. We would like to stop piggybacking on a previous business entity we own, and give this new one a chance to blossom. We just need some assistance in making the transfer. 

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Jimmy

Collectorsedition101.com
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @CE101!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the thread! 

I absolutely appreciate the disappointment with being unable to launch your store, and I'm happy to help out with updating the settings on your account to help push that forward. I understand you need to update the EIN on file, and that will require our team to access the back end up your account.

I see that you've mentioned reaching out via live chat. Do you have a ticket number from our support team for this request already? If so, please reply back here and let me know your ticket number. I'll make sure that the ticket is in the right hands for the request. If you don't have an existing ticket number, let me know and we can proceed with the next steps together. 

BrianBressler
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello @Ash, I would like to update my information and add my EIN number. Is there any way for me to set that up?

spdthingsandmor
Visitor
2 0 0
Good luck ! I have been waiting for a long time to update my EIN also
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hello everyone,

Ash here from the Shopify team. I'm updating this thread, as we've recently made changes to the way we deliver support for situations that require authentication- such as updating the EIN on file with a Shopify account. For anyone who currently needs assistance with making changes to sensitive information on an account, in order for us to provide the most efficient support we ask that you head over to the Shopify Help Center and contact our support team via phone, chat or email. 

Here's a link to our Help Center. On that page, follow through the prompts and you'll be shown the currently available methods to contact our support team. Once you're connected with a Support Advisor, they will be able to guide you through the next steps and help make the required changes to your account. I'm going to lock this thread now since this is no longer a situation we can support directly through the forums. Thank you!