Email (2) different issues

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

My email quit working after I changed from GoDaddy to shopify - I know its something I need to set or change, but I'm not sure what and the chat dialogue from GoDaddy explaining - I accidently deleted.   that's issue #1

'#2 - I need to update the existing email that are going out on all my notifications but I can't recall where I set it up at.

The reason is that because of issue #1 - all the commuications are being sent to a email that I cannot access.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1418 140 389

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @pmoore10 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. From what you have said it sounds like you have transferred your domain from GoDaddy and it is now hosted by Shopify. Is this correct? If so, you may need to update some records in the DNS settings on the Shopify side of things as these records would not be transferred automatically along with the domain. Now, these records would be specific to your email provider. Gsuite tends to be the most widely used email provider among our merchants so you can read up on the steps required in this guide. If you are using a different email provider, please do let me know which one and I will try to hunt down the appropriate instructions for you! 

As for question 2, you can go to Settings > General and then update the email listed as the "Customer Email" and hit Save! 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you so much Bo that does help.

My email was Microsoft Outlook via GoDaddy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1418 140 389

Thank you for confirming! According to this FAQ on Outlook's site, they currently only support connecting domains managed by GoDaddy with Outlook.com. You have two options here. You could transfer your domain back to GoDaddy or you could look into another email provider. Transferring your domain to another provider means that Shopify would no longer host or renew the domain. It can take up to 7 days to complete the transfer. When you are transferring your domain, Shopify will unlock your domain and make your WHOIS information public. This allows your new provider to accept your domain. Shopify will also provide you with an authorization code so your new provider can verify the transfer. You can read up on the domain transferral process here. 

As mentioned, some GSuite is a very popular solution! Zoho would be another. 

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there, I hope your'e doing well! 

I have a similar problem. I want to migrate from Jumpseller to Shopify and I got Zoho to manage my e-mails. The thing is that I don't want to lose all my current customer data so my question is: How do I do to redirect the DNS from Amazon hosting to Shopifys? What I have to do? I already have my domain out of Jumpseller services.

I hope you see this

0 Likes