Email Confirmation Testing

1 0 0

I created an order notification email that sends out different text for different products using a bunch of if statements. I was wondering if there was a way to test out each of the conditions without having to purchase the product?

I know there is the "Send Test Email" option but it only seems to send an email for the first condition in my if statements.

Any help would be appreciated :) 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 93 124

Hello, Sam!

Ted here from Shopify. :-) 

You could put your payment gateway in "Test Mode", add something to the cart, go through the checkout process and then receive the test confirmation email. Who is your payment gateway provider? If you are connected with Shopify Payments, you would be able to use Test Mode as shown in this guide. You can delete the test orders when you are ready as well. 

Let me know what you think! Feel free to reach out to our support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info!

Happy selling!
Ted 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, I have put through a test order and for some reason am not getting confirmation emails? Is there a place I may have accidentally switched them off? Do confirmation emails work while in test mode?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 0 0

The same issue is happening with me. I am in test mode and I am not receiving order confirmation emails. This make me nervous to go live with my clients website.

0 Likes
1 0 0

hey same issue here, have you fixed it ?

0 Likes
Excursionist
37 5 9

Hey all, just found this since I'm having the same problem, but in short, there's no way to do it without placing an order. However, once you have placed an order - with the test mode payment gateway, or a discount code for specifically yourself as a user, or however works for your shipping process - you can re-send the email from the order page in the admin. Just look in the activity log. This also works for existing orders, you just have to change the email on it to yourself, and change it back when you've Resent to your heart's content. I frequently work with orders that are dependent on line item properties or attributes unique per order, so this is my go-to method for testing emails.

0 Likes