Email Notification is not receiving

LT_team
2 0 1

Hi Sir/ Madam,

We have build Shopify store for our product. Earlier we got confirmation mail for order, order cancellation mail etc. without any problem. Yesterday we did to do payment through MyFatoorah and we received the payment but the customer didn't get any confirmation mail. Why it is so?

Could you please help on this ? 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 116 162

Hey, @LT_team.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

If you're using a custom domain with a third-party hosted email, a common cause is that your store might be missing Shopify's Sender Policy Framework (SPF record). The SPF record is used for verifying the sender email address, which prevents the notification emails (eg. order confirmations) from being flagged as spam or rejected by the recipient's server.

Since the SPF record is set up automatically when you buy a domain from Shopify, this is often only missing from stores with third-party domains. 

In order to help determine what might be preventing the order confirmation from reaching your customer, can you confirm whether you're using a custom domain from Shopify or a third-party domain provider? Also, which type of email are you using (eg. Gmail, G Suite, GoDaddy, etc.)? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LT_team
2 0 1

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Godaddy Domain and Outlook mail ID  for confirmation messages.
I already added the Spf record in our domain and whitelisted  following addresses our email system:

smtp.shopify.com

smtp2.shopify.com

smtp3.shopify.com

smtp4.shopify.com

mailer@shopify.com  

But when the customer ordered an item we still didn't get any order notification in our Outlook mail ID?

After this problem I added a Gmail ID as staff then purchased a test order. I got order notification on my Gmail account not in my outlook account.
We need to get notification on our Outlook account.

Also if the customer is using outlook mail id to purchase an Item, They also didn't get any order confirmation mail.

Could you please help me on this?

CharlotteFabian
Excursionist
11 0 4

Hi, we have the same issue. No emails are received by office365/outlook users - and issue is also found here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Email-Notifications-not-being-received-by-custome... but marked as solved - which we don't understand. We have had this issue for some months and its a big issue for us.

CharlotteFabian
Excursionist
11 0 4

2021-01-02_10-42-27.jpg

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 116 162

Hey, @LT_team & @CharlotteFabian.

Thank you for clarifying and sharing the screenshot!

I've checked with our Technical team and was informed that we're seeing some spam folder placement with Microsoft due to COVID related emails being sent through our platform. As a result, Microsoft has slowed down the processing of some of our emails (causing delays) and opted to organize a significant percentage of our transactional emails into people's spam folders instead of their inbox. Our teams are working diligently to address this issue and prevent further emails from being flagged as spam. However, as this is a manual process, we're unable to provide a time expectancy on when this can be resolved.

In the meantime, please encourage your customers to check their spam folders and mark the emails as not junk. If the mail is not in the spam folder, it's possible that the email may be caught in a temporary processing delay, or has been deleted by Microsoft if the message is more than 10 days old. Nonetheless, this action of rescuing emails from the junk folder can help Microsoft's filtering algorithms learn that this is legitimate mail that should be placed in the inbox. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

0 Likes
CharlotteFabian
Excursionist
11 0 4

Our problem is that emails to our customers (with office365/outlook inboxes) are quarantined - ie. they are flagged as "High Confidence Phish" - so they do not even reach the spam/junk folders - and we therefore have no chance to ask our customers to 'whitelist' the mails - as they can't see them.

2021-01-05_10-15-37.jpg

I seems to us that you don't have this issue 'under control'.......and we need a solution.

CharlotteFabian
Excursionist
11 0 4

Our Outlook customers are still not able to receive emails and a new check on your mail servers still show that some are blacklisted as spam servers.

2021-01-08_09-39-36.jpg2021-01-08_09-38-55.jpg

0 Likes
CharlotteFabian
Excursionist
11 0 4

Hi Shopify 

Any update on this issue ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 116 162

Hey, @CharlotteFabian.

Thank you for following up and sharing the screenshots!

We have a team that constantly monitors what blacklists our servers are added to, and immediately takes action to have us removed from them. Also, they have made major updates over the past year to add DKIM authentication to outgoing emails. If you have a domain purchased from Shopify, we will automatically use DKIM for emails sent on your behalf. For domains purchased from other registrars, it is possible to set up your own DKIM records - This will improve email deliverability substantially.

Can you confirm if you have DKIM set up with your domain provider?

0 Likes