Email Notifications not being received by customers

3 0 0

Just recently some off our customers are not receiving order confirmation emails from our website.  I have asked them to check their junk mail box and there are also not there, any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
141 20 23

Hey, @Chrisk6

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question and for confirming that you have had your customers check their spam folders for your notification emails. 

Have you recently changed the email address that is set as the customer email in ‘Settings > General’?

This email address needs to be a valid email address with hosting that supports sending out emails. Additionally, email addresses from hosts such as Yahoo or AOL use the DKIM specification which is not supported by Shopify. Addresses with Gmail or Hotmail are supported.

Custom domain email addresses are supported as well. To ensure notification delivery or these types of addresses, please add Shopify’s spf record to your domain’s DNS settings by creating a TXT record with the value: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all.

For third party domains, please make this edit from within your domain host account. For Shopify hosted domains, the DNS settings are found here. The record should be set up like this:

02-02-qc2r9-1vb81

Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I can verify from within dmarcian that when I added include:shops.shopify.com to my existing spf record, all messages are passing spf and are dmarc aligned. It takes 1-2 days to propagate, but it does indeed work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
141 20 23

Hey, @twigandolive

Thank you for verifying that this has worked for you. I appreciate the feedback.

You brought up a good point for domains that already contain an SPF records that I would like to address to others experiencing this issue. In this case, the records can be combined into a single one by using this TXT value: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:otherdomain.com ~all.

Additionally, for anyone using GSuite to host their email, if you are also using a TXT record to verify ownership of your domain, please use this TXT value instead: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:_spf.google.com ~all.

All the best,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes