Email Opt-In Form on Password Page

Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi, I am a new Shopify user.

I have some questions about the Password Page. My store is not yet connected to an email collecting App.

1. Just wondering why is there an eMail optin form on my Password Page? (password-signup-form)

2. Does the form actually collect data? If so, where is the management area? I'm asking this because the Shopify Docs say that Newsletter sections integrate with newsletter apps, however I have not yet installed a newsletter app.

I have entered an email into the form and received no response.

Any thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
422 0 92

Hi, Edward!

My name is Jade, I am with the Support Team at Shopify!

The section on your Password Page that allows customers to fill in their email address will still work on your website. What happens is when a customer visits your website, sees the password page, and fills in their email address, the email address gets put in your Shopify admin in the Customers tab on the left side. This way if you do choose to integrate with an email marketing app such as Mailchimp, you can export your customer information and import them into your Mailchimp account or account with another Email Marketing service. You can also have these emails on file for your own reference.

Take Care ?

Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Thanks for reply Jade, you've helped alot. I had no Idea where to look for that :-)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
422 0 92

Hi, Edward!

Happy to help! I should also mention that if your website has a signup link, similar to this: https://screenshot.click/15_51-038on-pl6rp.jpg, when a customer adds their email address into this section it will also go to the Customers section of your Shopify admin, just like how it does on your Password Page.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi Jade,

My question is about my Shopify theme's newsletter sign up form.  If someone subscribes to my newsletter, using the sign up form provided by my theme,  does their email address, also go to the customers' section of my Admin area?.. or do I have to connect the theme's newsletter form, to my autoresponder email.  I use Aweber?.

Update:  I guess you answered my question, from you reply to the other poster!.. LOL   My newsletter signups will go to my customer area, in the admin area.

Thanks,
Gabby

0 Likes
2 0 0

In the EU it is only alowed if you have your GDPR Text in place.

And in DE/AT and CH you need to have a mandatory newsletter double optin. So this a GDPR breach in 3 countries!

How do I get rid of newsletter on the password page?

Best

0 Likes