Email Subscriber / Abandoned cart reduction doesn't work as supposed

Eithan
3 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I have created a discount code that should only apply to people who have subscribed to my newsletter. But when I put myself in incognito mode and try the code it works when it is not supposed to. It does the same thing when I create a code for abandoned carts.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Eithan,

I may be able to help you. What settings did you use to limit your discount to email subscribers or abandoned carts?

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Eithan
3 0 0

Hello ! 

Thank you for your answer. Here are the settings I use for the abandoned cart coupon.

screencapture-coques-iphone-12-myshopify-admin-discounts-769636532392-2020-11-27-10_01_47.png

Do you see any mistake I could have done ? 

Thanks,
Eithan

0 Likes

Your settings look good. I've seen another post about a similar problem. What helped was recreating the Abandoned checkouts customer group.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Discounts-for-abandoned-carts-not-working-right/m...

0 Likes
Eithan
3 0 0

Hi Lukasz, 

Thanks for your answer, but it didn't work either. I even deleted my coupon code and created a new one. Do you have any advice ? It's quite important for my marketing strategy.

Thanks, 
Eithan

0 Likes

Hi Eithan,

The only idea that comes to my mind is to try contacting Shopify support, as the discount you set up should already work. I checked the same discount settings in my test store, and they worked as expected.

Another suggestion, if you are open to employing an app, is to use Personal Discount to generate unique discount codes for your abandoned cart emails. Each discount code will be tied to the customer who abandoned their cart. You can also make the offer time sensitive, for each customer individually. For example, you can specify that the discount codes are valid for 24 hours only. I'm the developer of Personal Discount. I'll gladly help you with integrating it with your current cart recovery email.

Thanks,
Lukasz

0 Likes