Email forwarding not working (Shopify bought domain)

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi All,

I have done a search on Shopifys discussion forums as well as following their documentation for having emails forwarded from your domain email address to whatever your chosen email address might be. Try as I might I cannot seem to get this to work.

Firstly, I have a domain that I bought through Shopify. This is theridgeopals.com. When I go to the domains section of my online store I can clearly see that there are already two email addresses there with the desired forwarding email address:

info@theridgeopals.com

sales@theridgeopals.com

These are both set up to forward to my personal email account joblogs@gmail.com (this is fictional but I do have a gmail account).

So far so good.

Now comes to testing and none of the emails that are sent from a different email account maryjo@gmail.com (again fictional but it also is a gmail account) actually come through to my personal email account joblogs@gmail.com. However, neither do they bounce. The reason why I bought the domain through Shopify was that I thought this would be pretty straight-forward .... alas no. I am hoping that this is something really simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Sandy

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 25

Hi there Sandy!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

As looking into this issue requires us to check out your account specifically, I have sent you an email so we can support you on this privately.

Keep an eye out for a mail from me and please reply there so we can continue to work with you on this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

No worries John,

Thanks for that. I have actually bought a subscription to G suite which has solved the issues for me. I thought I could get around it without doing at least initially but it was probably where I was going to end up anyway.

Cheers,

Sandy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Iam having

the same issues as the original poster

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi - i'm having the exact same issue - please help! 

0 Likes