Solved

Email forwarding not working for gmail

Mike_S77
4 0 0

I have set up my email forwarding to go from my shopify domain (www.ballwrk.com) email: info@ballwrk.com to my gmail account. I feel like when I set the store up last year the email forwarding  initially worked. However now I can't even get test emails to show up in my gmail inbox that I sent via my shopify email. Has forwarding stopped working for gmail? What is the best solution?

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@Mike_S77 

Sending an e-mail from the same account that it's set up to forward to will not work, send the test e-mail from a different e-mail address.

For example, I purchased the domain petersshop.com, I set up an e-mail forward for service@petersshop.com  to forward to my e-mail address name@shopify.com. I can not send a test e-mail from name@shopify.com  to service@petersshop.com  and expect to receive the e-mail back to the same account I sent from. However, if I sent a test from name@gmail.com  to service@petersshop.com, it should arrive in my inbox at name@shopify.com.

If you are testing the email forwarding with a different email and you're not receiving the email then I'd recommend reaching out to our Support to troubleshoot this further. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@Mike_S77 

Sending an e-mail from the same account that it's set up to forward to will not work, send the test e-mail from a different e-mail address.

For example, I purchased the domain petersshop.com, I set up an e-mail forward for service@petersshop.com  to forward to my e-mail address name@shopify.com. I can not send a test e-mail from name@shopify.com  to service@petersshop.com  and expect to receive the e-mail back to the same account I sent from. However, if I sent a test from name@gmail.com  to service@petersshop.com, it should arrive in my inbox at name@shopify.com.

If you are testing the email forwarding with a different email and you're not receiving the email then I'd recommend reaching out to our Support to troubleshoot this further. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog