Email notifications are not received

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi,

We have been facing this problem already 2 weeks: email notifications are not received. I don't understand what is the problem. I tested all types of notifications in the "Notifications" section, I do not receive any of them, even in the spam except one - testing email in the "Recipients" section. I am getting disappointed.. don't know what to do. 

Tural

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 3

Tural,

Can you clarify?  Which Notification is not working?  Or, are none of them working? 

Also, how are you testing them?

Joe Halbrook

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for your response. 

None of them is working. I test them in the Settings>Notifications: Recipients>"Send test notification" section, this one works, although only for gmail. 

I also test different email notifications like reset password, new order and etc. but again I do not receive any email notifications. I do not understand what is the problem.

Tural 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 3

Tural,

A good test is if you can mimic placing an order, especially using a valid email address that is not the one you use for your store.   You should receive a notification of the order placement.  Then, when you cancel the order, you should get a notification form the canceled order. 

This is assuming you have the  Order confirmation and  Order canceled  notifications set up. 

If you have another email address (your spouse's, etc.) that you could place a dummy order, that would be a good test. 

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Joe,

That is exactly what I tried. I didn't receive any notification.

Tural

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 3

Have you read this page:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/setup-your-email

Especially the section on Change the customer email address

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Try doing these steps:

Add Shopify's SPF record to your domain host (custom domains only)

To verify your customer email address, you need to add the following SPF record to your TXT record in your custom domain settings:v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all. Doing this can help prevent your emails from being flagged as spam or from failing to be delivered.

Steps:

1. Log in to your domain hosting account.
  2. Find your domain's TXT record. This usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.
  3. Add the following SPF record to your TXT record: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all
  4. Save your changes.

Then in your email system, whitelist (safe sender) the following addresses:

smtp.shopify.com

smtp2.shopify.com

smtp3.shopify.com

smtp4.shopify.com

mailer@shopify.com

Hope this helps!

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I have set up a number of recipients for my staff order notifications. When I press "send test notification" only the "gmail" address receives the notification. The other 4 email addresses (all working 100%) do not get the test email.  HELP!!

Thanks,

Brendan

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I am also facing this problem and it is making a big problem. Would really appreciate it if somebody can take a look, please.

Thank you.

0 Likes