Email subscribers not showing in customer section

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hiya, 

I have a password protected page as I'm still working on the website. I've got the email address capture 'bit' on the page so that I can update people when the website goes live. I've tested the email capture and whilst it is accepting the email addresses, the subscribers are not showing in the backend. 

What could be the reason, that the subscribers are not shown in my backend?

I'm aware that they would be displayed in the "accepts marketing" section of my customers but when I've gone there, no email addresses are captured. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Alex 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
841 54 139

Hi, Alexandra!

Elle here from Shopify's Social Care team. 

I'd love to look into this for you! In order to do this, though, I'll have to reach out to you directly for verification purposes.

Keep an eye our for an email soon.

Cheers,

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I’m having the same problem with my email subscribers. I had one person reach out to me on social media letting me know they did not receive an email. When I checked, she was not in my customer list. 

I tested it out with another email address and it is not on the customers list. 

I am afraid this may have happened to other subscribers as well and I maybe losing traction due to this.

Can you please assist?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I have people signing up the mailing list but they are not showing on my customer list on shopify. Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hello, same problem here.

Tested with various email address, the subscibers are not showing in the customer list.

CAN THE SHOPIFY TEAM PLEASE DO SOMETHING AND HELP US?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Same has anyone reached out to you about this issue ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hey Shopify Team,

There is a bug in your app when customers sign up for newsletters etc it is not showing up on the customer list. I had to disable it for the time being but could you guys please address this issue ASAP specially knowing that Shopify community is hurting with this bug.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
This is crazy i started a giveaway for email subscribers & new subscribers
are subscribing but not showing up
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hey Elle,

It is not just Alexandra running into this issue, there are other people facing the same issue. Could you please share the mitigation steps so that we don't lose the customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
No reply, but the problem fixed itself a day later

0 Likes