Emailing Customers

Solved
Tourist
9 0 1

Quick question. Newbie here and still trying to figure things out. When emailing a customer from the Shopify "Customers" list, where is a copy of that email stored? I've looked for it on Shopify, Klaviyo and Outlook.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 0

Greetings everyone!

I've had my store up and running for 7 months now and I'm mostly pleased with the performance.

Robust American Patches sells synthesizer presets/patches. (Sound Design) All of my products are digital downloads, no tangible items to speak of.

Recent Additions:

1. I've recently added an informal testimonials page called "Shout-Outs."

This was quite easy as the quotes were already written and all I had to do was collect them and ask for permission to use them. I plan on doing a "formal" testimonials page as well which will include use cases and audio examples but that will take more effort/time.

2. I designed and added a Favicon.

3. Added a featured collection section to my home page.

4. Made my free products (email address magnets) more visible.

Basically, I'm looking for anything obvious that I might have missed...Navigation snafus, redundant sections or info, how the site experience flows/evolves for a guest, does the store make sense?

Couple of points:

1. In the wacky world of the Synthesist, there is a stigma attached to buying presets. A true/competent synthesist will insist on creating all their own sounds to ensure originality. So I'm fighting something that is built into the culture to begin with.

2. I have no presence on Facebook or Twitter. I use synthesizer news sites & synth forums to announce and promote my products. The problem is I have a fundamental, adverse reaction to farcebook. Their data sharing agreements with the powers that be...Topic for another post. I've also read that you can't sell digital downloads on facebook so I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Is this true? No digital downloads on FB? Am I absolutely crazy to not have a presence on FB?

Thanks for your time and any advice you can offer.

Robust American

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1688 25 181

Hello,

Sorry to say your website not looking good. Whenever viewers are 1st time looking into your website they are not spent more time on your website because of your background color of website and your content colors and effects...etc.
Half of the page contains your header part. You can reduce your header section then it looks good.
And the logo of your store was not looking attractive, You can modify your logo dimensions. A very much outlined logo is a simple method to pass on to potential customers that your business is proficient, dependable, and gives quality merchandise or administrations.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Trailblazer
642 40 150

Hi ,

Your store looks nice and the products are quite cool.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily and increase the amount of visitors.

1. Try reducing the size of your logo, its taking a lot of space and thus making the home page less user friendly.
  2. Image size is really large to be honest  for a product.
  3. Try some other social media links Pinterest, Instagram on the site header or footer.
  4. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  5. Add an email address, if not a phone number, on the Contact page. It will add an additional level of trust to your store.
  6. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  7. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value.
  8. The default search landing page https://www.robustamericanpatches.com/search?q= is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  9. Lastly, You have over 15 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
713 68 140

Hey there, @Roger17 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. As Shopify does not provide email hosting there would be no copies of emails kept on our platform. Any emails sent by the system to the customer regarding their orders and refunds will be noted in the Order Timeline there is, however, no copy of the email kept. When sending a custom message to a customer you will need to select an email in which to send a BCC to in order to save a copy for yourself. 

Welcome to the platform by the way! How are you liking it so far? What is it that you are planning on selling? While getting started I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars for sure. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here if you would like. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance. 

I hope this clears things up - if you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to ask! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks so much Bo, that clarified things. Now I'm wondering if the customer got the email since there was no BCC. It was a general email and didn't refer to a particular order but a future one.

There is so much to learn! :)

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 0

Hello and thanks for your reply Neha! I will definitely try to implement some of your ideas very soon. Sorry for the double post...The first time I posted it didn't show up. Now they are both showing up.

0 Likes

Hey Roger,

You may want to try using some sort of email client that tracks users, I use Help Scout.

It has a pixel in every email that tells me when a customer opens the email.

If you don't like Help Scout here are some alternatives:

https://www.supporthero.io/help-scout-alternatives/

Cheers,

Cofounder, By the numbers
(https://apps.shopify.com/by-the-numbers)
piam@bythenumbersapp.com
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks Piam!

Is this another app I need to install aside from Kalviyo? I truly need something simple. I know email marketing is going to be a nightmare. The fact that I wrote a customer yesterday about something we discussed in person over the weekend, and don't know if they got it or not is mind boggling. I don't want to send it again for fear of over sending.

0 Likes

Success.

Sounds like you are already using an email marketing app (Kalviyo)

You should be able to see if you sent an email through that, here's what google tells me:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005258568-Review-Campaign-Analytics#overview0

Looks like they keep track of when the email was sent and if it was opened.

I know there is a lot to learn here, I've been overwhelmed as well, but you will get through it Roger!

Cofounder, By the numbers
(https://apps.shopify.com/by-the-numbers)
piam@bythenumbersapp.com
1 Like