Emailing customer with attachment

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Newbie question:  I want to easily email the customer from Shopify, but also include an attached image.  Our process involves us sending a sample image to the customer for review and approval.  Is there an easy way for me to do this using the Shopify platform?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
242 59 104

Hi @50CentsPatches,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When a new customer places an order with your store, their name and information are automatically added to your customer list. You can email customers from the admin using their profile information.

How to Email Customers from Shopify Admin:

1. From your Shopify admin, click Customers.

2. Click the name of the customer profile you want to send the email to.

3. In the Contact section, click the customer's email address:
    email-customers-40511161201a166fd14d19d47740b7af738a790a2d886eaf22b3c249c31ea34b

4. Edit the subject line for the email, or leave it as the default. shop.name generates as your store's name in the sent email.

5. In the Custom message for this customer field, type your message.

If you want to receive a copy of the message for your records, then check the box next to the addresses you want to send the email to:
    bcc-email-9019860c87e4a83e55134273f2480184ef60829afb524e46858fae0a7fb437ab
    The email on the left is associated with your Shopify account. The email on the right is associated with the account currently logged in.

6. When you are finished, click Review email.

7. Review your email. If you are satisfied, then click Send notification. If you want to revise the message, then click Back.

Let me know if this answers your question or if you need further help!

Source: http://bit.ly/33OhZQj

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
242 59 104

This is an accepted solution.

@50CentsPatches By the way, if you want to include a link to the sample image in the email, you can upload the image to a service like Dropbox.com and get the share URL to copy/paste into the email. You may also upload the image to your Shopify store and copy/paste the url into the email.

Upload a file on the Files page:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Files.
  2. Click Upload files.
  3. Select one or more files to upload. Click Open.

The image will upload to Shopify and will give you a URL that you may share with your customer. It will look something like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0041/3666/5123/files/file_name.png?4059

Cheers!

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

Tried the advice in this post.  Uploaded an image as a file, added link in an email, sent it to myself to test.  Image completely different to how it should be and totally unusable.  

0 Likes