Emails go to customers spam account

Highlighted
2 0 1
Any idea how I can change my email settings or tell me what I need to do? When my customers are sent a notification of order or shipping my email go into their junk folder. Thanks. Deb
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 1 5

There are a couple of things to check initially: 

• sender email address: make sure you've updated it this in General > Store Details > Customer Email
  • Add Shopify's SPF record to your domain host

Find your domain's TXT record. This usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.

Add the following SPF record to your TXT record

• v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all

There are other issues that could cause your emails go to spam. Those are the first to check. 

ecomloop
We help uncommon businesses succeed in the digital economy
Have an interesting project? Send a message or visit ecomloop.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1
As said above yep do that if ya can navigate it,or, personally send a text message first to the new client informing them you will send them a welcome email and monthly newsletter updates an in that same text message say that they may go to there spam folder so I asked them to please add my email address to there email client,
then say thankyou and thankyou for joining ( ya business name ).
Then problem is a non-issue, it is hard with all the different email clients avaliable to get all mail through to all clients straight to the inbox. Most email clients block things deliberately, especially domain names not known so yeah that's my quick work around.
So a quick wrap up, say ( hi so and so ) via texting there mobile phone, thanks for joining us here at ( business name ) please add my email address listed at the end of this text message to your email client so it avoids your spam folder an again welcome aboard ( so and so ) from ( your business name ) .
Regards ( you )

Here is our email address to add to your email client so it appears directly in your inbox.

Blabla.blabla@domain.whatever

Note,,,Drop to a New line, note full stop at end of last paragraph
Note please, start a new line with email address an no hyphens etc around it otherwise when they copy the email address it will add those in too an that's frustrating as, so yeah at end of text start new line add email address
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 1 5

That's an interesting workaround. How has the response been to the texts requesting customers to add your email to their contact list?

It shouldn't be too complicated to update those two items mentioned. 

ecomloop
We help uncommon businesses succeed in the digital economy
Have an interesting project? Send a message or visit ecomloop.com
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1
Awesome. Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2
What are “TXT” “CNAME” and “MX” and where can they be found?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

It's the DNS settings which can be found at your domain and hosting provider (their website)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I  have a similar problem, I did both the steps you have mentioned above. How  I get some help to get this fixed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I have this same issue. My domain is purchased through Shopify so shouldn't this information already be saved in the DNS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, did you solved this problem? I have the same problem with the domain purchased through shopify. I really need a help! Thank you

0 Likes