Embed video to my product page on my website

3 0 0

When I embed video to my product page, how do I remove the title of the youtube video and also disable the other videos proposition at the end of the video? and in addition, there is an option to loop the video?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 14 18

Hey, @Kevinbailey!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

There are some limitations to embedding YouTube videos on websites. As of September 25, 2018, YouTube has removed the ability to change some parameters to the videos embedded from their site. YouTube's IFrame Player API Revision History has a closer look at the changes made and why.

Although you can't remove the title or the related videos from the channel it's from, you can remove the controls, autoplay and loop the video on your site.

You can copy and paste this to the end of your video link:

?controls=0&autoplay=1&loop=1

Example:

https://youtu.be/Cglylggwaok?controls=0&autoplay=1&loop=1

These parameters will let your video autoplay and loop so you won't need the controls for your customers and you won't see the related videos if it's looping.

An alternative is to use Vimeo. You can upload the video to this site and embed an iFrame on your product page using the rich text editor instructions here.

Last but not least, you can reach out to one of our Shopify Experts. They may have some alternative methods to help you embed the video to look the way you'd like.

Keep in mind though that if your video has a lot of rapid movement or sound, this can turn visitors away from the site and increase your bounce rates. For reference on the best accessibility settings, you can check out our Accessibility for themes guide here and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).

Try to keep your looping video smooth and soundless/sound optional to avoid losing out on business long term.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank for your help, I decided to use Vimeo because it has more options than YouTube when it comes to embedding

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 14 18

Totally! This is usually my go-to as well for embedding editorial videos on sites.

Vimeo is a great way to also secure your videos if you need to keep them from being downloaded or accessed without permission. YouTube is a good place to add your promotional and branded videos for public engagement. Using both is a good idea for the purposes of marketing and theme design.

Keep us posted if there's anything else we can give you a hand with!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes