Embedding Video

Kigs
3 0 0

Hi i am trying to embed video in my store and getting the following error when i click on the save button.

There is 1 error with this product:

• Invalid external video url=<iframe width="789" height="444" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please help

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
373 32 88

Hey, @Kigs

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with our network. I took a deeper look at the embed code you shared, and I noticed there is no reference for the source. For example, this is what a properly formatted embed code for a video looks like:

17-45-k9rsu-a2ayd

Follow along for detailed steps on inserting videos into your store:

1. Copy the video's URL by pressing ctrl + C on a PC or command + C on a Mac.

2. Visit Embed Responsively. Embed Responsively is a tool that will give you an improved embed code for your video.

3. On Embed Responsively, click to select the video website where your video is located.

4. Paste the video's URL that you copied into the Page URL box on Embed Responsively by pressing ctrl + V on a PC or command + V on a Mac.

5. Click Embed. Embed Responsively will create the embed code for you.

6. If the video is from YouTube and you want to show only related videos from the same YouTube channel, then find the video's URL in the embed code. Copy and paste ?rel=0 at the end within the quotation marks:

Olivia_0-1613592901091.png
  7. Copy all of the code inside the Embed code box.

8. In your Shopify admin, click the Insert video button in the rich text editor:

Olivia_1-1613592901026.png
  9. Paste the embed code into the box in the Insert video dialog.

10. Click Insert video.

11. Click Save when you are finished to save your changes to the item you were editing.

That should do the trick! Let me know if you have any other questions around this.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes