Solved

How to regain access after my online store gets hacked?

AccountHacked
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Shopify,

My store has been hacked - every device that I log in with gets infected with malware and as a result all of my online profiles have been compromised. I have had to change everything. Even after I set up 2fa and changed my password several times, the same issue persists. Any device I try log in gets taken over.

I cannot access my business email at the moment as i erased all content and settings on my phone so the authenticator app was wiped. I am trying to speak to Microsoft to get back access to my email.

I have no staff on the account and suspect that malicious code has been deeply embedded. I have tried to email support but this has been useless. No support has been offered while my account is immensely compromised. Please can someone from Shopify get in touch so I can speak to someone on the phone to sort this. 

Please treat this urgently and remove the malicious code so I can regain access. 

Please someone help!

Thanks in advance
Zac

Accepted Solution (1)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Zac!

That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. It looks like we’ll need to authenticate you in order to access your account and look into this issue together. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Community at this time, we’d be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. As this is the case, I'll be marking this as the solution for this thread.

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Zac!

That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. It looks like we’ll need to authenticate you in order to access your account and look into this issue together. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Community at this time, we’d be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. As this is the case, I'll be marking this as the solution for this thread.

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

shopcami
Explorer
49 0 18

To follow up on this: are there any anti-malware apps or software that Shopify recommends for business owners to avoid this?

Thanks.

Inglenook1975
Tourist
9 0 0

I am not the OP, but am having a similar problem. 

I tried to set up a support request and am unable to - it just opens the list of topics again. 

I am very worried- please HOW CAN WE REACH SOMEONE???????????????