Enable a frozen account

Solved
hamedghaderi
1 0 0

Hey, unfortunately my boss has frozen his Shopify account and now nobody can log into admin panel.

He wants to change the theme and offload the store instead. Is there a way to him to take the account back?

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
779 86 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @hamedghaderi!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It sounds like your team is trying to re-access a frozen account, and I'm happy to help out. When a subscription billing attempt fails, the invoice will then try again in approximately 14 day increments. The invoice will attempt to charge a total of three times, and after the third failed attempt the account in question becomes frozen. If a shop is left frozen for an extended period of time, it will eventually be deleted entirely from our system. 

With that said, in order to re-activate and access a frozen account, action from the account owner is required. Provided that the account has not yet been removed from our system, the account owner can simply log into the account as they normally would. They'll be prompted to update their billing information and select a plan to continue, and once done, access to the account should be reinstated for them, as well as any active staff accounts.

If there are any issues re-activating the account this way, I encourage the account owner to reach out to us directly for further assistance. If any action is required on our end, we would need to speak directly with the authenticated account owner. I hope to see your team gain access to the account without further trouble! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Dianadaniels
2 0 0

My account was frozen after my free trial but I just paid for the basic paid plan with my card credentials, I was debited from my bank but still showing that I don have access to this account that I should pick a plan. Please what can be done.

amanda-l-oche-boutique.myshopify.com is my store url

thanks

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
633 65 120

Hey, @Dianadaniels!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I'm just helping my colleague out with some follow-ups.

Since this is a public space, we are unable to access your account for your security and privacy. With that being said, this is definitely something our team will need to look into in order to identify why you are unable to enter the store after payment.

Please connect with our 24/7 live Support team for immediate assistance for next steps. For faster support, please reference this forum thread.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
Beadit
2 0 0

Hi,

I need your help to resume my store(beadit-onlinestore.myshopify.com). I can't enable the plan instead it shows that i contact Shopify support.

Kindly help me with this issue.

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
633 65 120

Thanks for reaching out, @Beadit.

As mentioned in my earlier reply, we cannot provide account-specific support in our public forums. Please connect with our Support team directly as per my previous reply and we would be glad to help.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes