Enable multiple discount codes in one order

Excursionist
24 0 15

Thanks for the suggestion Derek but that's a pass for me, especially at that price point. $14/for 10 transactions won't really be feasible (unless I'm selling large ticket items, etc).

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of shopify relying on app devs to fulfill even the most basic of features. 3 years ago, if you have a problem they will try to sort it. Now, they just refer you to an app that costs an arm and a leg, just to fulfill a simple function.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

If you really need this without an app you could sidestep this with the high weight trick

• create an item with an unreasonable weight called "free shipping discount"
  • create free shipping rate to match high weight
  • prompt customer for free shipping "codes" BEFORE checkout
  • validate this "code"
  • tag such orders for human validation in admin later
  • add heavy weight item to the users cart with frontend code.
  • During checkout they can use % discount code
  • Or you apply it after item is added in /cart with further prompts

This of course only works BEFORE checkout since you cannot modify checkout pages without shopify plus or clever js.

If need to explore this method for your store contact me at email in signature.

I'm also open to commisions to make this into a forum tutorial.

Other topics about this 1

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
13 0 6

PAUL THANK YOU!!! This is the ingenious, SIMPLE solution that I was looking for.  I've already put it into effect on my site!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

No Problem, remember the forums could alway use a tutorial post for your theme with images|video of setup and problem<=>solutions.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 15

Alice Land, am I missing something? I can't seem to find the solution you are referring to.

UPDATE: Well, I did some digging (more like stalking Paul's profile) and found what Alice Land was referring to. Very ingenious way of doing it Paul! I plan to make a product titled FREE SHIPPING TOKEN and people can just add that to their order to get free shipping. And if you have an app like Locksmith, it would be great since you can restrict access to it further.

No thanks to you SHOPIFY!

PS: I don't know why Paul's reply has disappeared here. It could be he removed it himself or worst...someone doesn't like this trick to spread.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

Can you tell us the trick again?

I think Paul's comment has been removed

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 15

The trick is to create an item and name it something like "free shipping". Add an unreasonably large weight value to it (say 7,000kg). On your weight based shipping, create a free shipping rate for anything more than 7,000kg. When they add the "free shipping" on their shopping cart, it would allow them to access the free shipping rates... You can then hide your item on search and collection so that you can provide that link to anyone you wish to get free shipping...or get an app like locksmith, to make the "free shipping" available to certain customer groups only. This free up the discount code, so they can use it.

I have mine setup to make it a bit more complex by using the weight of the products as their prices. That way, where they can even add free products when they spent X amount of $$$.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hoping to put this workaround in action but I can't seem to be able to inline this into the google analytics text box.  Is that not possible anymore?

0 Likes
1 0 2

I personally think that the discounts features could be vastly improved if shopify wished. 

% off + Free shipping is an obvious place to start.

Stacking discounts could be more complex for both devs and end users, as you would have to configure complex rules to stop people for messing you about and getting massive discounts.

2 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 15

Yes but they would make more money if they not do anything and let a 3rd party app provide that feature. Business is business I guess.

0 Likes