Enable top up for different packaging on check out page

Highlighted
Tourist
28 0 1
Hi! i have 2 questions. 1. how do i include an additional option of upgrading the packaging with an additional cost? My shop has an option to pack the order differently if it's a gift and customer is required to top up a certain amount if they chose this option. How do i add a drop down list at the check out page and link it to payment when customer check out? E.g. gift packaging cost $5 hence, if customer choose this option in the dropdown list, it will automatically be added in the total amount before customer make payment. 2. how do i charge customer a redelivery fee and rearrange a delivery timeslot if it fails for the first time? E.g. customer is not at home hence, they have to rearrange a delivery time slot and pay for the redelivery fee of $x via shopify. thanks!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 25 113

Hi, @TheSeaMarket

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out with these questions. I'm happy to lend a hand! 

Looking at your question regarding gift wrapping first, there are two different options we can use to install this feature on your site:

1. The first method is to code this into your theme by following these steps. This tutorial works to add a gift wrapping option to the cart page on your site, and allows you to charge either a flat rate, or a per product rate for this extra wrapping. If you're using a free theme developed by Shopify, then this may be something our Theme Team can assist with installing. However, if you're using a third party theme, I recommend reaching out to your theme developer directly for more help with this. 
  2. There are several apps that offer this feature, as well. Some options I recommend checking out are: Gift Wraps and Gift Upsells and Gift Wrap Plus. Please keep in mind that these are third party apps developed by teams who are external to Shopify, so if you need extra support with these apps, make sure to contact the app developers directly by following these steps

In terms of your second question about charging a second delivery fee to customers who miss their first delivery, this can be done directly in your Shopify admin by using a draft order invoice and emailing this invoice to your clients so they can make payment. However, rearranging the delivery time will need to take place via email, over the phone, or through another support method with your team directly, as draft order invoices will just charge the amount of the delivery fee, but don't have the option to reschedule the actual delivery.

Additionally, there are some third party apps that might work to help reschedule your deliveries. I suggest looking into Store Pickup + Delivery and Order Delivery Date to inquire further if these apps offer this feature. It's also a great idea to touch base with the developers of these apps to confirm if this option is included in their integrations. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the above information and I'll be glad to help further. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes