Entry Product for New Customers Only

splashcreative
2 0 0

I want to create a product, that would show up on our homepage, but ONLY new customers would be able to check out and purchase the product. Think of it as a starter kit. I dont want existing customers being able to purchase the product. I only want new customers to be able to purchase the produt. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
62 6 7

Hi @splashcreative!

Ivy here from Shopify.

One way to achieve this would be to use an app that limits access to certain parts of your store to a specific group of customers, in your case for new customers only. These apps plug directly into your store, meaning no coding is needing on your part! They have a few different options for how you could apply this limitation to your store such as: A "secret link" is sent to new customers only, only accounts with the tag "new customer" have access to certain pages or a password is needed to access the products and only new customers have this password.  A popular and highly rated App that carries these functions is Locksmith by Lightward. You can see this option and all others available on our app store here - I would advise reading over the features and prices for all of them carefully before going ahead with a decision. 

If you would prefer to not use a third party app, then achieving this would require reaching out to a Shopify Expert to carry out this work for you. Without an app, coding change is likely to be needed so I would advise making a back-up of your store before going ahead with this. 

Thanks, Ivy.

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes